Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will lowering my front change the alignment ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
v82go
Will lowering my front "via torsion bar adjustment" change my alignment ? Help---- me fronts too high !
SirAndy
QUOTE (v82go @ Jan 25 2005, 03:26 PM)
Will lowering my front "via torsion bar adjustment" change my alignment ? Help---- me fronts too high !

ayupp ...

you'll need to get it re-aligned ...
IPB Image Andy
Kerrys914
IPB Image Yep..

Guys please correct me if I am wrong.

Camber; you will have more (-) camber or Top of the tire tilted in more.
[B]Toe-in/out; Should stay the same
Caster;[/B] I think the number will change but the change will be the same on both sides and that is more imprtant then the number.

This is all based on the fact your alignment was correct to start with IPB Image
IronHillRestorations
IPB Image

Step one of setting alignment is setting the ride height. Make sure you've got at least a minimum of 1/4" rake, the front has to be lower than the rear. You can measure the difference at the front and back edge of the rocker panels.

Be careful going too low, you'll run out of suspension travel and the car will ride very rough, probably handle better, but ride like a buckboard. Also if you've got low profile tires on 15" wheels, and you lower the car alot, you may start scraping.
SirAndy
QUOTE (9146986 @ Jan 25 2005, 03:38 PM)
Be careful going too low

IPB Image
you can also rip off your fiberglass flares if the car is too low!
all you need to do is to hit a bump while cornering and off they come ...

not gud!
IPB Image Andy
Trekkor
Here's a couple a low ones.

First thing I did on both my cars was slam them way down.
Gravel pusher... IPB Image

They do handle a ton better and I think they look better , too.

I have adjustable rear spring perches so it isn't raked as steep.

After the bump steer kit, turbo tie rods and alignment were done. Wowie wow wow, wow! Look out! IPB Image

If you don't get the alignment or other items you won't really hurt anything*. Tires may wear funny ( rotate them ).

The extras I mention help you to realize the potential handling this car can offer.

KT

* I ran most of the a/x season and street driving with it lowered only. Only stepped up for the last few events.
v82go
THANKS for the HELP!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.