Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Various fuel hose sizes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxsterfan
I am replacing my 3-port failed stock pump with the Bosch 69133 2-port fuel pump I picked up from NAPA. The existing pump was moved up front by the PO, so I am going to just put it there also. I have SS fuel lines in the tunnel from the PO also.

I'm trying to figure out the various sizes of fuel line I will need.

Return: Since it is a 2-port replacement pump, the return line will go directly from the SS line to the gas tank. What size fuel hose is that?

Supply:
1. Coming out of the tank, it will go to the fuel filter inlet side. Size?
2. Fuel filter outlet to fuel pump inlet side. Size?
3. Fuel pump outlet to SS line in the tunnel. Size?

TIA....
Cap'n Krusty
1 is whatever the tank outlet is to 7mm for the filter. It's likely you'll need an adapter piece. 2 is 12mm. 3 is 7mm from the pump to whatever size the ss fuel line is.

The Cap'n
boxsterfan
Great. Should be fun!! I expect it will look like this when I am done.

cary
Click to view attachment
ChrisFoley
9.5mm (30R9) from the tank supply fitting to an adapter.
8mm (30R9) from the adapter to the filter inlet.
1/2" Aeroquip socketless hose (or Red Horse) between the filter and pump.
8mm (30R9) everywhere after the pump.
boxsterfan
So I was looking at my Mahle fuel filter that I got from PP a while back. Part#: 311-133-511-D-M67

It appears the fuel filter is 8mm on inlet and outlet side. So comign from the tank it looks like I will need:

1. Fuel Tank Supply (9.5mm) out ---> 9.5mm to 8mm adapter (get from tangerine) --> Fuel filter inlet 8mm

2. Fuel filter outlet (8mm) --> ?????????? --> 12mm inlet Bosch 69133 pump

3. Bosch 69133 8mm outlet -> 9.5 to 8mm adapter (8mm side to pump) --> 9.5mm adapter side to 9.5mm supply SS line at front of tunnel.

Two questions:

1. Is that a "good thing" to be going from 8mm to 12mm (filter to pump inlet)? Seems kind of strange.

2. Somebody makes a 12mm to 8mm adapter?

JFJ914
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Sep 8 2014, 11:00 AM) *

So I was looking at my Mahle fuel filter that I got from PP a while back. Part#: 311-133-511-D-M67

It appears the fuel filter is 8mm on inlet and outlet side. So comign from the tank it looks like I will need:

1. Fuel Tank Supply (9.5mm) out ---> 9.5mm to 8mm adapter (get from tangerine) --> Fuel filter inlet 8mm

2. Fuel filter outlet (8mm) --> ?????????? --> 12mm inlet Bosch 69133 pump

3. Bosch 69133 8mm outlet -> 9.5 to 8mm adapter (8mm side to pump) --> 9.5mm adapter side to 9.5mm supply SS line at front of tunnel.

Two questions:

1. Is that a "good thing" to be going from 8mm to 12mm (filter to pump inlet)? Seems kind of strange.

2. Somebody makes a 12mm to 8mm adapter?

You need the fuel filter that is used with the 2 port pump, 8mm in 12mm out. The Bosch is NLA but look for a 75 FI Bug filter at your FLAPS.
ChrisFoley
WIX 33274 has 8mm in and 12mm out.
We sell that filter with our package deals for late style pumps.
boxsterfan
Racer Chris, Thanks so much I got everything on Saturday. So this weekend, I got a bunch done to my 914:

* Replaced all fuel hose in engine bay with 8mm 30R9
* Took the intake runners off and put on new gaskets and runner boots.
* New fuel injector seals (inner and outer)
* Bosch pump mounted up front

Looking at all the stuff I needed, I overlooked the 12mm fuel hose needed between the WIX Fuel Filter and the Bosch 69133 pump. Where can I get about 1 foot (or less) of that stuff?
SteveL
I just received by Bosch 69133 from RockAuto for $70 after shipping, not bad.
Now I need to figure out where I am going to mount it, and what I need for hose, adapters, etc.
This thread is great, thanks for all the info
BUT
I am seeing references that the fuel lines are 8mm small, 9.5 large. On other threads, I see 7mm small, and 8 mm large. HUH?

If I move the pump to the front, where do you put the fuel filter, so you can change it each year without removing the tank?

Has anybody mounted one of the 2 port pumps in the early stock location? Does it fit - can you make the tight corner with fuel line without kinking it?

Thanks
boxsterfan
This is the setup. I'll try to take a pic this weekend. Mine is mounted up by the steering rack.

2. Fuel filter outlet (12mm) --> 12mm inlet Bosch 69133 pump

3. Bosch 69133 8mm outlet -> 8 to 9.5mm curved adapter (8mm side to pump) --> 9.5mm adapter side to 9.5mm supply SS line at front of tunnel.

Note: Fuel Filter is a WIX 33274.

Note 2: The return line coming back to the tank is 8mm and you just connect that directly to the return on the tank (8mm).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.