Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How many 914s remain?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stevegm
Has anyone ever seen any estimates as to how many 914s are still around?
jim_hoyland
My guess is 50% are around; there over 7,000 in the 914world database. I know of 12
914's within 5 miles of my home. Seems that as time passes, fewer of them are driven as in past years. My 914 was a DD for many years; when I got the Boxster, I used it for 75% of my driving.
stevegm
About 50% was my guess as well. My guess is that most aren't driven much. I find myself happy to drive my Boxster, but, wanted to tinker on the 914s more.
JeffBowlsby
Depends on what you mean by 'remain'.

About 25% of the 1974 LE's survive in some form after nearly 30 years of tracking them. Nearly all were USA market cars. Many are driver quality or project cars. Only 10-20% of the survivors are better quality.

<120K 914's manufactured worldwide. 83K came to our shores according to USA recall campaign information.
Drums66
.....I've seen 65%.....parted out!(I know baby!) idea.gif
flag.gif bye1.gif popcorn[1].gif
stevegm
These are great numbers. Thanks. So, if 83k came to the U.S., do we think there are 40k left (assuming about 50% gone). That number seems quite high to me. Although I guess 2/3 of those aren't driven much? So we wouldn't see them much.
1970 Neun vierzehn
You might find this interesting...http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=78138&st=0

(from the Originality & History Forum)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.