Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914next
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Next
Interested in thoughts on this 914. Everyone has pointed me in the direction of '73-'74 2.0's. Looks like a re-paint?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-Califo...=US_Cars_Trucks
Ferg
Looks like a real nice car, worthy of investigating further IMO...

gereed75
QUOTE(914Next @ Sep 5 2014, 10:39 AM) *

Interested in thoughts on this 914. Everyone has pointed me in the direction of '73-'74 2.0's. Looks like a re-paint?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-Califo...=US_Cars_Trucks

At first glance this appears to be a very serious, concours level restoration. I suspect that the reserve will be way above the current bid.

Looks like a keeper if this is the kind of car you are looking for, as opposed a nice daily driver or a project or a highly modded car. If this is your cup of tea and you got the scratch, an early car has probably more up side than a later one.

It will be real interesting to see what this goes for.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Sep 5 2014, 08:49 AM) *

this appears to be a very serious, concours level restoration. I suspect that the reserve will be way above the current bid.

Looks like a keeper if this is the kind of car you are looking for, as opposed a nice daily driver or a project or a highly modded car. If this is your cup of tea and you got the scratch, an early car has probably more up side than a later one.

It will be real interesting to see what this goes for.

Is the rear valance correct for a '70?
poorsche914
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 5 2014, 10:55 AM) *
Is the rear valance correct for a '70?

And is the painted targa trim correct? confused24.gif
Click to view attachment

driving.gif
Johny Blackstain
This car seems to have a lot of the early, entry level features ( painted targa trim, solid front grills w/ no driving lights, very rare painted squareback bumper) and seems to have been well taken care of. However I don't remember everything being so shiny, in particular the muffler. From the photos it looks like someone went nuts on that car & clearcoated everything, including the interior biggrin.gif . I do recommend a personal inspection- it does appear to be worth the time to look up close.
JawjaPorsche
Signal Orange! A 914 Classic Color!

Really looks nice.
TravisNeff
Great looking early car. The bumpers should be painted black along with the fog light grilles and also the targa trim pieces. The rear valence is a later model, it should have be deeper with a hole in the middle for the exhaust pipe.
Cuda911
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Sep 5 2014, 08:34 AM) *

This car seems to have a lot of the early, entry level features ( painted targa trim, solid front grills w/ no driving lights, very rare painted squareback bumper) and seems to have been well taken care of. However I don't remember everything being so shiny, in particular the muffler. From the photos it looks like someone went nuts on that car & clearcoated everything, including the interior biggrin.gif . I do recommend a personal inspection- it does appear to be worth the time to look up close.

I agree... someone went crazy with the Armor All or something. The muffler and the tail pipe have been painted gray on this car.

Definitely worth the current bid of 9.5K, but still is below the reserve. Nine days left.

rgalla9146
Body color bumpers, sail trim, fog grills and no fogs are all standard '70 -'71 features. Bumper plug should be body color too.
Should have a deeper rear valence with a tail pipe hole.
Not so sure about that muffler. Bus mufflers were very similar, not sure which this one is.
But Damn ! that is a very good lookin' car !
dlkawashima
I think others are right in asking what you intend to do with the car. The driving experience ... tail shifter & weaker engine, and the spartan interior will not be as satisfying as what you'll get with a 73-74 2-liter. But if you are getting the car for concours shows, this would definitely be a good starting point.

Cosmetically, the car looks to be correct, other than the rear valance. Here is an ad from back in the day that shows a virtually identical car

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
hndyhrr
It looks like it could be Pumpkins sister lol, Although that one is very very nice, The back valance on mine is the same as are the painted bumpers sails and trim.And I did not pay nearly as much for mine, one owner before me, Pumpkin is not as shiny and needs more cleaning underneath but I like her just the way she is.

Click to view attachment
Johny Blackstain
agree.gif
This is as bare bones as there ever was. It has the wrong rear valence & the rear bumper plug should be an old painted one, not a more modern black plastic one. Other than that it's as entry level stock as there ever was- radio & cassette were either dealer or owner installs. Also appears to be way to many tools, especially for such an entry lvl. car. Ad seems to indicate the car was undercoated, something the factory didn't do but dealers used to- my car was dealer undercoated. I like it & don't want this piece of history to be modified, other than the valence & plug smile.gif

PS- I wonder if it has Pats' rain tray? happy11.gif
JawjaPorsche
Cost less than $3600 New! Wow!
hndyhrr
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Sep 5 2014, 10:47 AM) *

paid less than that for pumpkin, lucky is the word i use
914Next
QUOTE(hndyhrr @ Sep 5 2014, 02:41 PM) *

QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Sep 5 2014, 10:47 AM) *

paid less than that for pumpkin, lucky is the word i use

looks like it sold quickly!
dlkawashima
QUOTE(914Next @ Sep 5 2014, 04:04 PM) *

looks like it sold quickly!

To you?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.