Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 1975 914 2.0 All Original, Rare White Interior, in Florida, new price
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Rant6
Revised Ad - I have lowered the price to $12,900, which is more in line with what I had actually hoped to get for the car.

Hi folks. I recently came across a 1987 Carrera that I couldn't pass up, and so I have to sell my 914 to make room in the garage :-(.

This car is a real survivor. I am the 4th owner, and I have all maintenance receipts going back to when the car was new. I know the general history of the car, and the previous owners are documented in the maintenance records.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment

The good:
The car has the appearance package and factory installed front and rear anti-roll bars. The original fuel injection is intact and working. The interior is all original except for the speakers and the radio. There are no cracks or tears in the dash or in any interior upholstery. The carpets are in excellent shape. The outside of the car was painted at some point, but all of the interior areas still have the original paint, so there is no chance that rust is hiding under the paint in the floor pans. Everything works on this car. The car runs reliably and it is strong, but it does have a problem with intermittent hesitation and bucking which I have not been able to solve. There is no rust in any of the floor pans or trunk areas. The underside was undercoated, probably when new, and this has helped to preserve the car. I think most of the rubber door and top seals were replaced at some point because they are in perfect shape, and the old ones came with the car. Among other things I have replace all of the fuel lines with the correct German fuel lines (the old ones were cracked), and I have replaced all of the vacuum hoses with correct hoses.

Whenever you drive this car people wave and everyone seems to want to chat with you and tell you a story about their dad's 914 or some such thing. Its just great fun.

The bad:
There are a few small rust bubbles poking through the paint job on the outer surface of the body, and there are a number of small dings and dents that can be seen at certain angles, mostly on the passenger side. All of the trim was painted black. There is surface discoloration and some slight surface rust in the hell hole, but in general this area seems to be in good shape. In the picture of the right side of the engine, it looks like there is rust around the engine pan, but it is just surface corrosion, flaking paint and discoloration. When I bought the car I thought that the tunnels were rust free. My mechanic convinced me that I should have a chassis stiffener kit welded in along the sides of the tunnels, and while this work was being done, we discovered that there had been rust in the tunnels, and it had been covered up with foam and paint. We removed the foam and rust, and the chassis stiffing braces seem to be holding this at bay for the time being, but at some point down the road the braces will have to be cut off and the tunnels will need restoration. You can see a small rust hole in the picture of the tunnel under the battery. The car leaks a small amount of oil (a few drops per week) from the oil cooler seals, from the valve covers, and I think from the push rod tubes.

I can provide more pictures or video if desired. PM me if interested. My name is Mike.
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=465
425]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid
=465429]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachme
ntid=465434]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
falconfp2001
WOW, that is one sweet ride. Even if it is a 75, I'd buy if I had the $$$.

java script:emoticon(':(','smid_3')
daytona
Hi guys,
I have no skin on the game. I know this car, in fact I was owner #3 and knew the car for many years while owner #2 owned the car. This is a very clean and original car that has been very well cared for all its life. The second owner was a fastideous caretaker that kept excellent records of all maintenance. Whoever buys this car will be getting a great 914 in a rare and awesome color combination.
Bill.

QUOTE(falconfp2001 @ Sep 5 2014, 11:48 PM) *

WOW, that is one sweet ride. Even if it is a 75, I'd buy if I had the $$$.

java script:emoticon(':(','smid_3')

Rant6
I just uploaded a 20 minute walk around and test drive video at vimeo-dot-com/105884049. Take a look at it if you have some time to kill.

MM
tumamilhem
WHITE INTERIOR! piratenanner.gif
MikeInMunich
Sweet looking interior! Good luck with the sale. Any comments on what that bucking may be about? I had that issue once too, but then the car got totaled while it was parked and I never solved it. Clogged injector, perhaps?
tumamilhem
Injectors, Bad/not grounded wire somewhere, MPS may be going bad (was my issue)
tumamilhem
I'd love a /6 conversion with the white interior! Or the 911 Porsche red interior. But I'm infatuated with these white interiors! NICE!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.