Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0L Head Value
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
microsa
What's a ready to bolt on set of 2.0L heads going for these days? New seats & guides, all valve train cleaned, checked and installed. Truly ready to bolt on.
jwalters
IPB Image I see you have a;;ot of cars--you must have money--you"ll need it....I had to have mine sent back to me--no dough IPB Image

Shop around, maybe somebody on here will have a decent set to sell to you at a good price--

Put a wanted ad in the classifieds for max exposure.......
microsa
I have a set I want to sell.
jwalters
IPB Image Oh well if thats the case I will give you a 100 bucks for em.... IPB Image

JK
skline
Too funny, realistically, they are worth from $300 to $600 depending on what year. You need to be more specific.
Jake Raby
Damn, a truly ready to bolt on head.....

Now that is a description that has one hell of a definition!

I'd say they would cost a BARE minimum of 850.00
microsa
Came off a 73 parts car that I just got rid of.
Aaron Cox
IPB Image
microsa
Pics tomorrow, don't have camera here tonight but here are shots after they were dis-assembled but before clean-up.

IPB Image
IPB Image

I'll post pics of the completed heads tomorrow.
Mark Henry
Up here clean good crack free cores are worth $500pr canadian, so i'd say Jakes right on the money, I wouldn't let them go for less than $850 as well.

Do they have new exhaust valves?
microsa
No new valves, but the car had a total of 49,065 mikes on it when it was parked in 1984. I specked out everything and all that went back on the heads was in specs.
Allan
I just had mine rebuilt and that set me back $850.00. IPB Image
microsa
For a re-build? How bad were they?
Allan
Had a few cracks at the spark plug holes and one at an exhaust seat. That included all new hardware. Deduct $150.00 from that last amount. Actual was $700.00, the rest was for case and crank work.
Mark Henry
That's not bad, welding and seats done right isn't cheap.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.