Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: twin plug 2.6 litre
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
vinniedatorch
Just picked up a twin plugged 2.6 litre and wondering if anyone has experience with this ignition setup and distributor config? wondering if I want to set it up as a single plug per cylinder for street car or if? Pro's and con's. any input ?
campbellcj
I assume you mean a six? What distributor and coil/CDI setup does it have? Why would you want to switch back to a single-plug? The twin-plug is highly desirable if you are over a certain compression ratio. Do you know the C/R and do you know if it is set up to run race fuel, or regular pump fuel?

I do have a twin-plug 2.7 so will be glad to share my limited knowledge if I can help...
vinniedatorch
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Sep 5 2014, 10:04 PM) *

I assume you mean a six? What distributor and coil/CDI setup does it have? Why would you want to switch back to a single-plug? The twin-plug is highly desirable if you are over a certain compression ratio. Do you know the C/R and do you know if it is set up to run race fuel, or regular pump fuel?

I do have a twin-plug 2.7 so will be glad to share my limited knowledge if I can help...

It's a type 4 2.6 with twin plugs. Basket case w/ new components, being assembled.
Distributor is a Nissan with an 8 plug cap, dual Bosch coils. Hoping for info as guidance on choosing proper compression, want to run on a street able 912 coupe SWB. Pump gas. As I said in prices when I bought it and trying to figure what direction to go with it.
I know I want a beast with some longevity, so maybe limit compression, maximize tourque and hope for something I can get some miles out of
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.