Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1973 Porsche 914 "S" aka appearance package
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
442nd914s
I'm moving so I must sell one of my 2 toys. It's between the 914 and my Karmann Ghia. I prefer the Ghia but which ever one goes first, I will keep the other.
This ad is for an original Zambiezee green '73 914 2.0Lt FI with appearance package. I bought this 2 yrs ago from the original owner. He bought it new in '73 and drove it till '93. Where it then remained in storage till I bought it in July '12. Here's what's been done to it under my ownership:

All new rubber brake line hoses

All freshly rebuilt calipers & hardware (pm performance)

All new brake pads & new fluid

All new wheel bearings & regressed

All new shocks

All new tires with metal valve stems

All new wheel center caps

All new rubber bushings (sway bar, drop links, shifter)

All new axle boots and regressed

New motor mounts & hardware

New clutch, pressure plate, TO bearing

New Heater and blower hoses.

New Bosch fuel pump and gas lines

Monza quad exhaust with stainless steel heat exchangers. (Original muffler available)

All professional work done by Brad Meyer:

New Longs, Jack points, and drivers side jamb.

Tranny rebuilt

Top engine rebuilt to 2056 with new valves, guides, springs, rings, pistons, jugs

Engine rebuilt to include: New belt, starter & Alternator rebuilt, air filter, TB gasket, injectors cleaned, new vacuum lines, spark plugs & wires, MSD coil and ignition system, Pertronixs, Penzoil with zinc & Brad Penn oil for tranny. 

Interior is immaculate. 

Everything is fully functional. From the headlights to the original 8 track. No rips nor tears on carpet, seats or panels.

The car idles great and runs strong. 

Now for the bad or what remains:
Body work.
I've been quoted $4000 to fix the rust and a complete new paint job.
It will need the drivers side B polar, rear right logo area, front dog bone mount area and both front front fenders. Original fog lamp housing will need replaced. Rear top bumper trim will also be needed.
Original chrome bumper are included. I removed them to prep it for body work.
I have the original title along with free and clear Mo issue title. I also have the original Porsche dealer bill of sale and owners manual with engine # write on it. All receipts are available for all the work that's been done to it. Due to my current deployment status, I have limited pictures available. Car is located 1 hr east of Kansas City, Mo.
Email me to bandito00@hotmail.com
Asking $11000 firm
Ghia for sale link: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=242224
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=465
539]
mepstein
Sorry but $4k is enough to do a decent paint job but not to touch any of the rust you describe, let alone all the rust that is hiding behind other panels and trim. If you can see that much rust on the outside on the body, there is sure to be other sections that are severely compromised.
dw914six
agree.gif Absolutely agree. $4,000 is not much for a decent paint job today. No way it can take care of the visible rust, much less the unseen that is waiting for discovery.

If you can get it done for that price, I would have it done and then re-price your car.

Just advice. I don't think many will agree with the $4,000 number to bring it back. So you may have trouble moving the car. Good luck though. beer.gif
billh1963
Based on personal experience that is an easy $10K worth of bodywork and paint if farmed out.

As dw said, if you can get the work done for that then you should definitely have it done.
914itis
Did I see 11k or is it an extra Zero by accident confused24.gif
442nd914s
Yes it is $11k. And yes the body price quote I received was from a professional body shop that inspected the entire car. That of course is with me supplying a new B pilar. It's not dramaville here in the sticks of Mo where they over charge you like in big cities.
dw914six
QUOTE(442nd914s @ Sep 6 2014, 03:16 PM) *

Yes it is $11k. And yes the body price quote I received was from a professional body shop that inspected the entire car. That of course is with me supplying a new B pilar. It's not dramaville here in the sticks of Mo where they over charge you like in big cities.

huh.gif Then man, by all means get it done. $11,000 is a lot of money and a buyer would expect a pretty clean car, not one they have to spend an additional $10,000 to repair.

Again, just advice. There is zero chance of me paying $11,000 for a car in that condition. I wouldn't know what value to place on it because I suspect there are a lot deeper rust issues. In fact, after seeing what is visible, I would not be interested unless a complete inspection by a 914 experienced body guy gave me an estimate. It's really current market value minus the cost to repair and paint the car.

Just saying...because if I am, others are.

Good luck. bye1.gif
Cairo94507
This is a terrific car in a great color. However the rust that is apparent in the pictures is going to run quite a bit to repair. I agree with the $10K estimate, but am not sure that $10K would also be able to get a complete high quality, strip the car and pull the glass, paint job too. GLWTS, as I said this is a very desirable car.
boxsterfan
Can you post pics of the hell hole?

Can you remove the rockers and post pics of the longs?
boxsterfan
*delete doublepost *
442nd914s
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Sep 7 2014, 10:39 PM) *

Sorry I'm currently deployed and can't take pictures of the longs. However I can tell you that, the picture posted with the car on the trailer, that is the most recent picture I have with the Longs being repaired by Brad Mayuer. As you can see, the bright orange color (where the rockers would be) is primer. Both Longs and Jack points were repaired by Brad (along with the engine/tranny rebuilt). No sag or uneven door gap.
As for the he'll hole, it's a 8 out of 10. The battery tray has minimal to some rust on the tray portion only. Once again, I don't have any pictures with me to post.
I will be back in the country by Halloween and can take all the pictures any one wishes to see or even see the car.
Thanks for looking. Feel free to ask any more questions.
achman_73_2.0
QUOTE(442nd914s @ Sep 10 2014, 03:44 PM) *

QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Sep 7 2014, 10:39 PM) *

Sorry I'm currently deployed and can't take pictures of the longs. However I can tell you that, the picture posted with the car on the trailer, that is the most recent picture I have with the Longs being repaired by Brad Mayuer. As you can see, the bright orange color (where the rockers would be) is primer. Both Longs and Jack points were repaired by Brad (along with the engine/tranny rebuilt). No sag or uneven door gap.
As for the he'll hole, it's a 8 out of 10. The battery tray has minimal to some rust on the tray portion only. Once again, I don't have any pictures with me to post.
I will be back in the country by Halloween and can take all the pictures any one wishes to see or even see the car.
Thanks for looking. Feel free to ask any more questions.

It'll be a nice car when it is done, but if this is what it goes for as-is, then my selling price for my 1973 2.0 Appearance L96D silver metallic rust-free car should be about $20K.

Best of luck!
carr914
Fellows, Whether we Agree or Disagree with the Seller about the Condition or Price of his 914, this is His Ad and you should not be putting your Opinion in his Ad. If you have a Problem with his Ad, Car, or Price, Please pm Him directly. If you think that something more is Needed, pm an Admin.

GLWTS
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.