Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sited in Medford Oregon
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hndyhrr
Saw a Orange teener driving on Corona Ave.around 10am this morning in Medford Oregon.

Anyone on this board????
relentless
Not mine. My orange 914 is still sitting in the garage... as it has for the past ten years.
hndyhrr
QUOTE(relentless @ Sep 6 2014, 12:20 PM) *

Not mine. My orange 914 is still sitting in the garage... as it has for the past ten years.

Where in Or.
relentless
CJ. I met you at the Import Car Show in GP earlier this year, where I brought my red 914.
hndyhrr
QUOTE(relentless @ Sep 7 2014, 11:35 AM) *

CJ. I met you at the Import Car Show in GP earlier this year, where I brought my red 914.

That's right. How you doing?
relentless
Doing good. Currently working on a '69 Mercury Cougar convertible. The '76 914 is currently down waiting for me to fix an exhaust leak.

How have you been? I take it you got your fuel pump problem repaired. Maybe next year you will have your car in the GP Import Car Show n Shine.
hndyhrr
For sure will see you next year at the show in GP. Yup got the fuel pump sort of sorted out. For now it's a cool morning drive and then back in the garage when it gets hot. This winter fuel pump gets moved to the front, then no worries(hopefully) about vapor lock.lol.

Sounds like fun project the cougar.
KELTY360
QUOTE(relentless @ Sep 8 2014, 11:54 AM) *

Doing good. Currently working on a '69 Mercury Cougar convertible. The '76 914 is currently down waiting for me to fix an exhaust leak.

How have you been? I take it you got your fuel pump problem repaired. Maybe next year you will have your car in the GP Import Car Show n Shine.

'69 Cougar convertible is a great car, one of the most fun I've ever owned. Had a 351W-4V XR7 for about 10 years. Miss that car. You've got great Cougar resources nearby also.
shoguneagle
How many 914's are in or near the Rogue River Valley?

I know of three in Grants Pass including mine. It was on the road in Arizona but got detained in Barstow, CA while moving here. Got her back and have now started to straighten out the wiring, etc. from some careless "wants-be-mechanics" aka thieves.

Ok! I am a coffee-drinker and would like to get together for coffee some day. Also, I have been a member of this board and the other 914 board since there inceptions. Love sports cars which means Italian, German, American, English, etc.

hndyhrr
As in the city of rogue river? I am in central point. Relentless on this board is in cave junction, and I know another teener owner in medford.

Coffee would be fun
Let's do it .
shoguneagle
I am for it. Anytime and place. Go to Rogue River all the time for lunch, etc.
Name the place, I will be there. My schedule this week is Morrison Fishing Lodge on the Rogue River thursday, moving my Alfa to repair shop Friday or Monday, a couple of plays locally in Grants Pass in the next two weeks.

I am available! I have been known to travel a couple of hundred miles for coffee and 914 discussion.

Steve Hurt
hndyhrr
Steve,

What is good for your schedule? What about it Glen?, I don't go back to work until the 16th, work with kiddos(head start) and get the whole summer off........

Name it.

I know there are a couple more teeners here, there is a blue electric,have seen a nice yellow, and there is another orange one running in medford.

lmk and will get ahold of Rob, met up with him at one of the park and shines during medford cruise.

Renee
yes i am a girlie
been doing 914's for a long time(it's my daughter's fault) lol
shoguneagle
This week is taken up and I am completely free the following week. I think it would be a great idea to get as many together as possible. As far as time and place, make it convenient for the others who may attend. I can go to Cave Junction as well as go to Medford; morning anytime and evening are ok with me.

Congratulations on your long tenure in the 914 community. I think that is great.

Let us do it!

I have been involved in the 914 since 1980's; involved with Alfa Romeo's since 1970; involved in Lotus since 2000 and left them; involved with Corvette since 1970's. I just love older sports cars and take trips in them whenever they run. Lived in Bay Area, Flagstaff, and Grants Pass (about a year here). Just some general trivia for background information.

Steve
relentless
I'd be up to a get-together. I do need to address the exhaust leak before I drive the car again. I was returning from the old-time car show in Brookings and when the 914 went over a bump all of a sudden the valve racket was incredible! I did get under the car and the heat exchangers' nuts were tight, but something is amiss and I need to drop the HE on the passenger side to see what's up.

The car show in Brookings was real good. I saw one 944; no 914's though.
relentless
Marc, I think you would appreciate the '69 Merc Cougar I am working on. It has a 351W stroked to 408 that was built by Jeff Jahns of Jahn's Pistons fame. It is a one-off custom that was taken down to a bare tub and repainted Prowler Purple Metallic. I have been documenting the work to bring this beauty back to full glory here:

http://classiccougarcommunity.com/forum/vi...?f=3&t=4150

The Classic Cougar Community has some great guys too!
Good to hear that there's some fellow members off or near I 5...
I say that because when I drive up and down I5, I've always wonder if there were any Porsche owners around. Enjoy your gathering!
KELTY360
QUOTE(relentless @ Sep 9 2014, 01:35 PM) *

Marc, I think you would appreciate the '69 Merc Cougar I am working on. It has a 351W stroked to 408 that was built by Jeff Jahns of Jahn's Pistons fame. It is a one-off custom that was taken down to a bare tub and repainted Prowler Purple Metallic. I have been documenting the work to bring this beauty back to full glory here:

http://classiccougarcommunity.com/forum/vi...?f=3&t=4150

The Classic Cougar Community has some great guys too!

Sweet car...you're really going to enjoy that. Are you running a 4 or 5 speed? You are right about the guys in the Cougar community. I know a number of the guys who posted in your thread there. I'm an honorary Life Member of the Cascade Cougar Club and edited the Prowler newsletter for about 6 years. Once upon a time I even owned the first production Cougar ever built.....'67 serial #7F91S50001.

Sorry for the hijack, back to your regularly scheduled programming.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.