Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Correct Hell Hole Repair Panel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TargaToy
Pictured is a chunk of a 73 that was cut up at mepstein's house. He was kind enough to send me this piece from which I have saved the motor mount and will also grab the suspension console.

Note the rare factory authorized hell hole repair section and please don't be jealous. Once I have determined that I won't need this myself, it will be listed in the classifieds for the handsome price that workmanship like this commands.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

GaroldShaffer
drooley.gif wow that is nice rolleyes.gif Ranks right up there with the parts car from last year that had cardboard with fiberglass over it. slap.gif
Vysoc
That must have really added some tremendous support to the long.
What great engineering and 3 whole screws?

Vysoc flag.gif
Vysoc

Vysoc flag.gif
Vysoc

Vysoc flag.gif
Vysoc

Vysoc flag.gif
mepstein
You should have seen the pop rivet floor pan repair and long reinforcement barf.gif
The seat belt mounts on both sides of the longs were a joke. I'm really glad Sfrenck took this car off the road and did a CA roller switch. It was a dangerous car to be driving in. Glad it can help restore other cars.
TargaToy
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 6 2014, 04:32 PM) *

You should have seen the pop rivet floor pan repair and long reinforcement barf.gif
The seat belt mounts on both sides of the longs were a joke. I'm really glad Sfrenck took this car off the road and did a CA roller switch. It was a dangerous car to be driving in. Glad it can help restore other cars.

I should post a pic of the long reinforcement: piece of 1/4" angle iron in one of the top corners--presumably to fix the sag.

BTW, motor mount is 100% sound and is gonna work great. (Much appreciated.) I'm thankful there must've been an oil leak as this part had a nice protective blanket of greasy muck over pretty blue paint.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.