Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 914 carbon fiber lids, front and rear, + new hood pins
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Chris Pincetich
My weekend cafe racer is now subject to commuting duties, so rather than continuing to fix and improve these, the carbon fiber lids have to go. sad.gif

$400 for both
$250 for front only
$200 for rear only
$20 for new Moroso pointy hood pins

These parts will shave dozens of pounds off of your 914. Accelerate quicker, stop faster!

Both have come apart due to less than ideal securing strategies during street driving duties. The front lid was damaged then repaired and used on my 914 street driving and AX racing the last 3 years. It has a visible crack/dent, dull spots, and scratches but bolts on and is ready to go (with hood pins needed). One of four of the metal, screw in threaded inserts has come out and needs replacing, and I can supply more inserts. Originally, it had fiberglass threaded inserts for the hinge mounts, those failed, and the metal inserts I added have been great.

The rear lid came apart, delam from the frame, when it was unsecured and a 40+ mph gust of wind caught it and forced it up, damaging the hinges and delaminating the lid. Bummer. The carbon top is scratched up in the middle. Not too bad. It can be glued/expoxied/glassed back to the fiberglass frame easily.

These are a project. But, painted over or painted so you can see a racing stripe or circle of carbon, or w new carbon skins, they can look awesome.

The fit I would rate as "good". Rarely do these aftermarket parts fit perfectly. These were manufactured by GT Racing if I remember correctly.
Click to view attachment

LOTS of photos here https://flic.kr/s/aHsk33PrPo
The front lid weighs 19.5 lbs (good amount of extra resin in there when I repaired it).
The rear is in two pieces, and the frame alone weighs 5.6 lbs.

I was planning to install new hood pins too, and can sell the ones I have for $20 new.

These are in Point Reyes Station, California. I would prefer not to ship these. I can drive a bit throughout the SF Bay Area to meet a cash buyer in the middle. beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
BuddyV
Sending PM.... first dibs, please.
Chris Pincetich
you can see the front fit OK in this pic beerchug.gif
Click to view attachment
Chris Pincetich
Still available, just send me a PM beerchug.gif
Chris Pincetich
icon_bump.gif
Chris Pincetich
icon_bump.gif beerchug.gif
tscrihfield
PM sent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.