Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cam Gear (-2)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ericoneal
I need a -2 bolt on cam gear for the web camshaft that I bought, but we cant find them anywhere. Do you guys know where I can get one of these new? Everyone i called ether doesnt make this size or are out of stock.

Thanks
jsaum
Do you have the old cam and -2 gear? You just take the rivets out and use the old one if its not worn.
914werke
You mean like this?

5th down
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Sep 8 2014, 01:45 PM) *

You mean like this?

5th down

Fifth down shows a crank. He said cam gear.
ericoneal
IPB Image

Looks like a gear to me. how to tell if its -2?

But yeah, at this point we are are probably going to get my old one machined because I have a bolt on cam that I bought.
Bulldog9
Have you tried Jorge at European motorworks? It may not be listed on his web page, but he has twice the stock not listed as he has shown on the website. http://www.europeanmotorworks.com/
type47
QUOTE(ericoneal @ Sep 8 2014, 12:35 PM) *

how to tell if its -2?

I thought I remembered from somewhere that the part number suffix identified the cam gear ( the "H" after 25 or the "B"). I looked in the PET and there is a part number for "camshaft with wheel -2" but that's for the assembly I believe. Anyway that assembly part number is 021.109.017 M and you can see the part number for the wheel is xxx.xxx.111.

On the other hand, the factory workshop manual says on pg 26.2-2/1 that there is a number stamped on the side facing the camshaft -1, -2, 0, +1, +2, etc
Krieger
Call FAT Performance in So Cal. I bet they have one.
Jake Raby
After 40 years, your crankshaft gear probably doesn't favor a -2 gear anymore. Just because thats what used to be there, it doesn't mean that today things are the same. (They're not).

Also, don't even consider reusing a B suffixed cam gear, they are magnesium and have a high failure rate.
pilothyer
The cam gear in the picture is a -3. Look at the gear at about the 1:00 position
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.