Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3200 miles, 1975 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tadink
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/4657655139.html

no affiliation - but thought you'd all like to see this one!

beerchug.gif
SKL1
I hate the big bumpers but that looks like a NICE car at least in the ad. Could be a good candidate for PCA concours duty.
If I owned it I'd like to backdate the bumpers but wouldn't want to alter the originality.
carr914
Is that a Dent behind the PS Door?
Johny Blackstain
That interior looks nicer than mine... drooley.gif
biosurfer1
What a stupid ad..."price will be in the mid-thirties...Please don't make offers for less, I am not interested in negotiating"

Negotiate what? "mid-thirties" is not a price. With all the complaints about CL buyers, the sellers can be just as bad.
Pursang
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Sep 8 2014, 04:59 PM) *

What a stupid ad..."price will be in the mid-thirties...Please don't make offers for less, I am not interested in negotiating"

Negotiate what? "mid-thirties" is not a price. With all the complaints about CL buyers, the sellers can be just as bad.

I "concur." lol-2.gif
Sleepin
$10.00 per mile? Not too shabby.
dlkawashima
From the ad:

1975 Porsche 914 1.8L with 3200 original miles. Summer Yellow on Buckskin leatherette interior in beautiful original concurs condition. I am second owner and knew first owner. I have all the paper work to back up low miles. This 914 has no rust, scratches, or rock chips, it may be the most perfect original 914 in existence. This car is for a collector, museum, or a person who wants to know what it is like to drive a 914 when it was new. This car runs perfect, shifting is smooth, brakes stop it on a dime, and handling is superb. It is with very mixed emotions I am offering it to be sold. This is an appreciating classic car so the price will be in the mid-thirties. Please don't make offers for less, I am not interested in negotiating.

IPB Image IPB Image
IPB Image IPB Image
IPB Image IPB Image
IPB Image
Krieger
Wow! I wonder if George will buy it...
Chris H.
Some history:

back story

dlkawashima
I saw the car today and had a nice talk with Rick, the owner. Now, I know a lot of you feel this car can't possibly be the real deal, but after seeing the car in person and going for a drive, I'm a believer. Not only is it cosmetically (nearly) perfect, it's also, by a good margin, the tightest, best riding 914 I've ever experienced. $35K is serious moola but if any '75 1.8-liter is worth that much coin, this would be the one.

I snapped a few phone pics. Click images to supersize ...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
dlkawashima
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
dlkawashima
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
dlkawashima
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
dlkawashima
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
dlkawashima
Click to view attachment

The Hell Hole ...
Click to view attachment
76-914
Is that a light in the front trunk? And where is that semi-circular reinforcement piece that is in front of the spare?
Ferg
Why did he add the side stipes to such a original car?
Johny Blackstain
I said it before- impressive, most impressive. cool_shades.gif
Bosch blue coil? blink.gif
AZ914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 10 2014, 08:56 AM) *

Is that a light in the front trunk? And where is that semi-circular reinforcement piece that is in front of the spare?

That is only on the earlier cars I believe. My 75 doesn't have it either.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Sep 10 2014, 12:06 PM) *

The "semi circular" piece is a reinforcement that was added to the mid year 914s, to comply w/ US DOT crash regs. It's not on the early cars & was removed on the later cars because they had the bumper shocks. As for a light, I know nothing of a front trunk light in any model, but I could easily be wrong on that.
ChrisFoley
The blower hose doesn't look oem.
76-914
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Sep 10 2014, 09:13 AM) *

QUOTE(AZ914 @ Sep 10 2014, 12:06 PM) *

The "semi circular" piece is a reinforcement that was added to the mid year 914s, to comply w/ US DOT crash regs. It's not on the early cars & was removed on the later cars because they had the bumper shocks. As for a light, I know nothing of a front trunk light in any model, but I could easily be wrong on that.

I did not know that; until now. Thanks for that info. I never noticed it missing on my 75/76. slap.gif So they're on 72/73/74's?
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 10 2014, 02:21 PM) *

I did not know that; until now. Thanks for that info. I never noticed it missing on my 75/76. slap.gif So they're on 72/73/74's?

That sounds right but I can't be sure about 72. My 70/6 does not have it & my 74 LE does.
porboy
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Sep 10 2014, 09:06 AM) *

To bioserfer1 and pursang why would you say my ad was "stupid"? I thought this was a 914 community. I have received many responses, the ad is working, this is a very high caliber 914, most likely the best in the world. George H told me it was worth $50K. It is being offered at the fair price of $35K and will appreciate.
Ferg
Well if George H said lol-2.gif

It is a nice car, but pick a price and market it at that price, you are only hurting your bottom line in the end by fishing for a top bid.
biosurfer1
QUOTE(porboy @ Sep 10 2014, 01:19 PM) *

To bioserfer1 and pursang why would you say my ad was "stupid"?

As I stated in my post, it is stupid to not put a price in an ad, then go on to say you won't negotiate.

I'm not sure anyone's opinion could mean less around here than George's.
rhodyguy
His ad weeds out the low or semi-"I'll give you $25k today"lowballers. With general expectations a buyer knows where things might wind up and where to start.

K
porboy
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 10 2014, 02:10 PM) *

His ad weeds out the low or semi-"I'll give you $25k today"lowballers. With general expectations a buyer knows where things might wind up and where to start.

K

Thank you rhodyguy, that was actually what the ad was suppose to do and it worked.
Sale is pending and out of respect for the buyer I will not answer any questions about the sale or buyer.

I will miss this car, it is beautiful piece of 914 art and drives almost as nice as the Boxsters I have owned.

Thank you Dave for your accurate description of my 914.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.