Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB- Chassis Stiffening Kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
madmax914
Anybody buy a Chassis Stiffening Kit they bought but aren't using? The Mad Dog is what I'd really like to get.
Mblizzard
Ok I don't have any Maddogs stuff on my car. But I have held a bunch of it and its good stuff. What are you looking to get out of adding it? His stuff is well priced and the kit you show has some good applications. But I have always felt (no data to back it up) that the flex in the frame was a bigger issue than thr trailing arms and such. I think depending on what you are looking to gain, the inner stiffing kit is the way to go.
madmax914
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Sep 8 2014, 03:57 PM) *

Ok I don't have any Maddogs stuff on my car. But I have held a bunch of it and its good stuff. What are you looking to get out of adding it? His stuff is well priced and the kit you show has some good applications. But I have always felt (no data to back it up) that the flex in the frame was a bigger issue than thr trailing arms and such. I think depending on what you are looking to gain, the inner stiffing kit is the way to go.

So if you were to do any chassis stiffening you would spend your money on the inner longitude stiffeners? I want to stiffen the chassis for a Subaru conversion but I want to spend my money on the most effective stiffeners. Good thing to consider.

Probably should have put this post in Garage before posting it here.
Mblizzard
Well I am sure some of the experts might chime in, but I was always told that unless you are going with huge HP the rear was pretty solid. So I feel that the inner long kit has the potential to increase stiffness and handle additional HP.
mepstein
I think the inner long stiffeners give the most bang for the buck. Tangerine racing has some good pieces for the back. Strengthing the suspension console is a positive.
madmax914
Thanks for the help, sounds logical. What about the rear control arms?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.