Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: blinker gremlin
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vinniedatorch
just attempting to finish sorting through my 73 914 wiring and I have a glitch somewhere I suspect. If my blinker is left on in either position the corresponding front marker and rear running light remain on. key is off and light switch are off when this occurs. any one have this problem before and can offer a solution? or is this something that was originally overlooked by an overconfident electrical engineer and typical in many 914's? any help out there? WTF.gif
Ansbacher
Normal I believe. German cars always had that feature, as it use to be mandantory in Germany to show a "parking" light when parked on the side of a road. Every German car I have owned does that very thing you described.

QUOTE(vinniedatorch @ Sep 8 2014, 09:01 PM) *

just attempting to finish sorting through my 73 914 wiring and I have a glitch somewhere I suspect. If my blinker is left on in either position the corresponding front marker and rear running light remain on. key is off and light switch are off when this occurs. any one have this problem before and can offer a solution? or is this something that was originally overlooked by an overconfident electrical engineer and typical in many 914's? any help out there? WTF.gif

SirAndy
QUOTE(Ansbacher @ Sep 8 2014, 06:09 PM) *
Normal I believe. German cars always had that feature, as it use to be mandantory in Germany to show a "parking" light when parked on the side of a road. Every German car I have owned does that very thing you described.

agree.gif

Working as intended ...
smile.gif
vinniedatorch

Thanks, I guess I'm ready for fluids and a test fire
vinniedatorch

Thanks, I guess I'm ready for fluids and a test fire
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.