Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa Latch handles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dredwin
Is there a place to buy the plastic targa latch handle (front latch). Can't seem to find just the plastic latch handles. Or are people doing something else to replace it.

jacksun
try a WTB add in the classifieds

Dredwin
They seem like it is something that should be reproduced since they seem like it could easily break (as I've demonstrated recently) Thanks, I'll see if I can find another original or something that might work. I was wondering if quick release bike skewer handles might work, they have some that appear to be the same size (length). Don't want to make the top look silly but I don't want to drop a lot of money on a "new" (40 year old) handle to have it break off in a year or two
ripper911
I know somebody who reproduces them...

hide.gif
76-914
I've seen a pair made from wood and they worked. Must have been a good hardwood for sure.
DBCooper
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Sep 10 2014, 05:01 AM) *

I know somebody who reproduces them...

hide.gif

Thanks for the warning. Buy used, a WTB ad in the classifieds. Oh, and if you find extras let me know, I need one too.

76-914
Well, now that Ross is finished with his conversion maybe we can get him to print some with the stronger plastic he mentioned.
TheCabinetmaker
I've never seen one break. I have a dozen or so. Send me a pm.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.