Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Horn wire help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
OU8AVW
So I'm trying to sort my horn. I found the brown and white ground wire off of the fuse box but I need to figure out how to get it into the colum so I can connect it to the horn button terminal. I see shots of it coming out of the shaft but I can't get it through???

Click to view attachment

OU8AVW
Click to view attachment
OU8AVW
Easy answer guys, please help....
mepstein
Early cars used the black plastic horn plunger, not a horn wire. Is yours a 71 or 72
SLITS
If yours is an early car, you have the wrong horn pad.

The early cars use a spring loaded sausage that drops into a hole in the steering wheel and forms the ground path. You can see the brown wire that is attached to the grounding ring that the sausage rides against.

Here is a link to PP bad diagram ..Horn Sausage
mepstein
Mike. I have the correct parts for you. The horn pad parts are free. The plastic plunger is $25 or whatever they go for from a parts supplier. Couple $ for shipping. Pm me with your address if you want it. Priority will get it to you by the weekend. Installation is 10 seconds.

Yours actually needs the longer plunger but that's the only picture I saw on pelican.

PS - you also want to make sure you have the correct plastic spacer on the back of your wheel. It should have a metal turn signal cancel tab. Late models are plastic. I have plenty of them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.