Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Poly-Graphite Control Arm & Rear Trailing Arm Bushings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
madmax914
I'm getting ready to put my front suspension back together on my 914. I plan on doing a Subaru Conversion but the car will mostly be used on the road with an occasional track day. I purchased Poly Graphite front and rear bushings but my concern is will it make the ride too harsh for weekend drives. And I'm starting to hear that they are extremely noisy. Anyone have experience or an opinion on these bushings?
carr914
Do they have a Zerk fitting so you can grease them?
HalfMoon
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 9 2014, 05:31 PM) *

Do they have a Zerk fitting so you can grease them?

I zerked my rear poly's and have yet to hear a sound from em
lonewolfe
Hey Half Moon!

How often do you grease those zirks?
HalfMoon
QUOTE(lonewolfe @ Sep 9 2014, 11:49 PM) *

Hey Half Moon!

I greased em on installation and that was about 7 months ago. Have not greased em since.
carr914
QUOTE(lonewolfe @ Sep 9 2014, 11:49 PM) *

Hey Half Moon!

I'm in the Suspension Biz, so that depends on how much you drive. If a car is driven a lot, then every 3 or 4 months. If gets driven only occasionally, then 8-12 Months or until you hear a squeek. Good rule is shoot some grease when you change the Oil

This is Important! Use only a Full Synthetic Grease for Poly Bushings - Amsoil & Mobil1 seem to be the best. A Petrolium Based Grease will soften Poly and cause the bushing to deform & fail.

Don'y believe the Hype that the Graphite in Poly-Graphite lubricates. Poly-G is a scheme to get more money out of your wallet. It's the same as a Poly Bushing with waste graphite strands. What is important in Poly is the Durameter reading.
lonewolfe
I recieved my Rebelracing rear control arm bushings today. aktion035.gif

I'll post pictures soon!
76-914
They're stiffer and yes they squeak. Not quite as loud after they break in a bit.
matthepcat
QUOTE(lonewolfe @ Sep 10 2014, 09:01 PM) *

I'll post pictures soon!

pizza.gif

Yes pictures please!
JamesM
QUOTE(lonewolfe @ Sep 10 2014, 08:01 PM) *

I'll post pictures soon!

'

WOOOT!!!! looks like i need to start calling them weekly again!

cant wait to see pics!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.