Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got my new CocoMats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
Driver's side fits perfect, but the passenger side is long and has an irregular curve. I sent them an email about the issue, but what do you think? I assumed the mat would be a rectangle and sit on the floor. The one they send bends up the wall at the front and it looks goofy
The floor loks like this
Click to view attachment

The Cocomat looks like this
Click to view attachment
Mblizzard
For the expense of those the fit should be better. I have spoke with Drew of Coco Mats and I know he expects more out of his product than what is shown here.
dlkawashima
Coco mats were on the 3,200 mile car. The fit is similar to yours ...

Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
mine are similar, and i always thought that they should be either longer to go up further where feet may rest, or shorter to fit the foot area flat. Either way, i still like them biggrin.gif
Cairo94507
My recollection from my first 2 Sixes is the Coco mats have always fit like that- and that goes back to the 70's.
mepstein
Mine fit great on my '71. Bought them from Garold for $20 so I don't know the history but I like them.
PanelBilly
Drew has called a left a message for me, so I know they have great customer service. Looks to me like they've used a pattern for many years that doesn't fit right.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 11 2014, 09:27 AM) *

Mine fit great on my '71. Bought them from Garold for $20 so I don't know the history but I like them.

Wow... drooley.gif a six footrest in tan/brown/beige. I don't even have a black one... hissyfit.gif
Mike Fitton
My guess is you have a passenger side floor mat for early cars with non-adjustable passenger seat.
mepstein
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Sep 11 2014, 10:15 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 11 2014, 09:27 AM) *

Wow... drooley.gif a six footrest in tan/brown/beige. I don't even have a black one... hissyfit.gif

It's a 4 but has all orig interior. I lucked out. Not too many cars with 36k being sold for $1,200 biggrin.gif

Mikey could get these footrests made if there was an interest.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 11 2014, 11:50 AM) *

It's a 4 but has all orig interior. I lucked out. Not too many cars with 36k being sold for $1,200 biggrin.gif

Mikey could get these footrests made if there was an interest.

I realize it's a 4, I just refer to them as six footrests smile.gif . They came in all the early cars that didn't have a "real" passenger seat. Be nice to have one, however I foresee major problems matching the material, especially to brown/beige/tan.
PanelBilly
I spoke with Drew and they are I'm sending them a new templet so they can remake it. Nothing like a person who cares.
SirAndy
Do you have the foam piece in your foot well behind the carpet?

It almost looks as if they cut their mats to fit a car without the foam piece ...
idea.gif
Mblizzard
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Sep 11 2014, 10:06 AM) *

I spoke with Drew and they are I'm sending them a new templet so they can remake it. Nothing like a person who cares.

I got the feeling he was very passionate about his product when I spoke with him. great to see.
d914
I used him in the past and have gotten a one off mat.. Great guy, definitely into his biz!!
7TPorsh
For reference here are the LLoyds mats in a 1970 car with foam in
Click to view attachment
Porschef
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Sep 11 2014, 02:41 PM) *

For reference here are the LLoyds mats in a 1970 car with foam in
Click to view attachment

I see speakers, but...???
r_towle
What kind of car is that?
Cuda911
Recently I placed an order for some custom floor mats for my 914. Today, out of the blue, Drew from CocoMats.com called me because he saw this thread, and he wanted to know my opinion and which pattern I would like used. He had no idea that I had even seen this thread, but he knew it was a concern to some buyers, so he went out of his way to contact me.

Wow!!!!! Now THAT is what I call excellent customer service!!!!
domer914
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Sep 17 2014, 03:24 AM) *

Recently I placed an order for some custom floor mats for my 914. Today, out of the blue, Drew from CocoMats.com called me because he saw this thread, and he wanted to know my opinion and which pattern I would like used. He had no idea that I had even seen this thread, but he knew it was a concern to some buyers, so he went out of his way to contact me.

Wow!!!!! Now THAT is what I call excellent customer service!!!!

Thanks for the link, Cuda. I have some Lloyd mats that travel so far up into the passenger foot well that I have to pin them at the top so they don't fold over. I like the Coco version and where they lie. Guess I'm headed that way.
Cuda911
On their web site, you can order four carpet samples for free. They sent 'em to me in just a couple days. You will note from the samples that it is a very heavy-weight rubber backing, so they won't flop.

Drew gave me the choice of going with the original design (as mentioned above, goes a few inches up the foot well) or the new pattern, which is cut square. I went with the original design.
wes
Just wondering what color is your carpet looks like it might the oatmeal if so what year is you car and who did you get the carpet from?
My car is a 74 and that is what was in it though it seems that the oatmeal was not available in 74, yours look great!
flipb
I ordered Sisal mats (from Cocomats, same company) a few years ago and they offered a "Long" and "Short" passenger pattern for 914. I opted for Long. It goes a good distance up the firewall but it's so heavy that it never moves at all.

Click to view attachment
Cuda911
Hey all,

Drew sent me some patterns for mats and trunk/frunk carpeting. He can make the floor mats in either the original design (the pattern that OP mentions in his post, that goes up the footrest part way), or he can make squared-off ones for those who prefer that design.

(Please note: I have no affiliation with CocoMats.com, I'm just a customer.)

I'll post up some pix of my mats when they arrive.

Here's some pix/patterns, in case you are interested:
Mike Fitton
Here are some mats I just got from Lloyd's they are called Tru- Berber and the color I chose was black, they would look good in either black or gray carpet car because they are like a salt & pepper color. It is hard to see in this picture but the passenger side fits perfect up front.

Click to view attachment
913B
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Sep 19 2014, 05:48 PM) *

Here are some mats I just got from Lloyd's they are called Tru- Berber and the color I chose was black, they would look good in either black or gray carpet car because they are like a salt & pepper color. It is hard to see in this picture but the passenger side fits perfect up front.

Click to view attachment

Where can I go check on pricing for a set like that ?
913B

Click to view attachment

I want this fit in for the passenger mat

If I am ordering from cocomats.

How should I place the order to have the early passenger side one like in the picture.

My car is 71 fixed passenger seat without the foam in the front kickboard.

Thanks
Cuda911
QUOTE(porsche913b_sp @ Jan 29 2015, 08:22 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I want this fit in for the passenger mat

If I am ordering from cocomats.

How should I place the order to have the early passenger side one like in the picture.

My car is 71 fixed passenger seat without the foam in the front kickboard.

Thanks

Call or email Drew at Cocomats.com. He's extremely helpful.

Drew T. Phythian
CocoMats.com
Tel № 800.461.3533
Drew T. Phythian [customerservice@cocomats.com]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.