Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT rocket man
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
http://www.swissrocketman.com/ete05.html
Twystd1
I remember a go kart with a Turbinique engine that ran 10s or less in the 1/4 mile at OCIR in the 70s.

There were multiple pictures in HOT ROD magazine of this the day I watched the run.

The driver had no idea the kart was always about an inch above the asphalt on each run.

He was steering with the air than ran next to the front wheels. Once he saw the pictures in HOT ROD... He never drove it again.

Thats the rumor anyway...... And YUP i did see it run... Was extremely kewl......

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

Me thinks this guy with the peroxide kart looks a little like Skline..... HHmmmmm....

What do you think?

Twystd1
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
Aaron Cox
this my uncle (for clayton)
IPB Image
IPB Image
airsix
Is that a ram-jet they are firing up on that scooter? IPB Image

I notice NOBODY is wearing hearing protection. Yikes. Ram-jets are LOUD! This is cool stuff. (insane = cool).

-Ben M.

ps - When the peroxide kart was posted last year one of the videos showed it blowing up. Anybody know the story of the aftermath?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (airsix @ Jan 26 2005, 02:18 PM)
Is that a ram-jet they are firing up on that scooter? IPB Image

I notice NOBODY is wearing hearing protection. Yikes. Ram-jets are LOUD! This is cool stuff. (insane = cool).

loudest fu**ing thing i have ever heard! "pulse jet" IPB Image
ws91420
There was a story on Fifth Gear a BBC program on Speed channel about a kart that set a land speed record for karts. It used a starter turbine used to start the turbines on the Thrust SST running on kerosene. Thet had bought the turbine but couldn't get any diagrams for because they were still classified in the British AF.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.