Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 2.2L Long Block
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Ken6432
I have a Python.2 2.2L long block engine for sale. It was running great when it was removed from my 914 a month ago. It was pulled specifically to sell to fund other projects I have planned. I have another 2.2L engine to install and get running so this one will not be needed.

Pictures are in the 914 Engine album here.

Asking $2300 $2000 OBO. I would strongly prefer local pickup, but will consider shipping at buyer's expense.

I have the flywheel and clutch from this engine for sale in a separate listing here. And will combine the two listings if desired.

Ken
Hine62
What's the crank and bore size? What heads? Was the case 1.8 or 2.0? Any other specs you can list would be great.

hine62
Ken6432
You are right, I should have included more info. It was made from a 2.0 engine.

From the manufacturer's website:

Bore: 96 mm
Stroke: 76 mm

Cylinder Heads:
BIG-VALVE '248' Cylinder Heads with 3 stud intake ports. 44mm x 38mm valves. Remanufactured from Porsche heads. Prepared to run at optimum performance on unleaded gas.

Camshaft & Valve Train:
High performance camshaft 423 Lift / 270 Duration. Reman lifters. Remanufactured rocker shaft assemblies. Valve adjuster screws replaced. High carbon steel Performance pushrods.

Crankshaft:
Counterweighted stroker. Forged Porsche OEM crankshaft, remanufactured.

Connecting Rods:
Porsche OEM rods, remanufactured. Balanced and matched set.

Pistons:
New high quality AA Performance pistons. New rings, cylinders and wrist pins.

Oil Pump:
New or remanufactured Performance oil pump. Pumped volume increased over 15-20%.

Gaskets, Seals & Bearings:
All new main, rod and cam bearings. Double-thrust cam bearings installed. German licensed manufacture. New gaskets and oil seals are used throughout.

Additional Options:
Finned aluminum valve covers.

Ken
Hine62
PM'd... for more info.

hine62
pneuhyde
How many miles/hours have been put on this long block and what kind of driving was it used for?
Ken6432
The previous owner never finished the install. I finished it up and put less than 100 miles on it. Just enough to make sure it ran well. All of the miles were mild street driving.

Ken
ottox914
PM sent.
Ken6432
The sale fell through, so the engine is available again.

Ken
Ken6432
Bump. Also open to offers.
mr2by4
What carbs did you run on it?
Ken6432
QUOTE(mr2by4 @ Oct 12 2014, 10:16 PM) *

What carbs did you run on it?

Weber 44s but I have read that 40s are fine if not better.

Ken
Ken6432
Bump. Price reduced to $2000 OBO.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.