Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Swaybar Bushings….
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Larmo63
I'm installing stock sway bars front and back in a '73 914 and I'd like some recommendations on rubber vs urethane. Also,
are front and rear link bushings a different configuration? I don't want a squeaky ride. Thank you.
76-914
Your going to get some squeeking if you use poly.

EDIT: Warning, I am not an expert but I did made the mistake of installing them on my '73.
Larmo63
Are front and back drop link bushings different?
Mike Bellis
I run poly, no squeaks. A little talcum powder will reduce noise but I did not use any.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Sep 11 2014, 04:08 PM) *

I'm installing stock sway bars front and back in a '73 914 and I'd like some recommendations on rubber vs urethane. Also,
are front and rear link bushings a different configuration? I don't want a squeaky ride. Thank you.

Front drop link bushings are rubber with steel inserts. The rear drop link bushings are a white plastic cup type. They don't squeak. I have seen the front bar bushings in Poly but I am not aware of anyone selling urethane sway bar drop link bushings. 914 Rubber sells the rear bar bushings.

I prefer the WeltMeister front drop link bushings as they are a two piece that makes installation easy. I would get the OE Porsche rear drop link bushings. They are a PITA to install. Uro also makes them but I have had fit problems with most of their bushings.
76-914
I missed sway bar, headbang.gif
colingreene
id just go with rubber.
but if you choose to go with poly i have lube that will make it not squeek.
drbill
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Sep 11 2014, 05:35 PM) *

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Sep 11 2014, 04:08 PM) *

Front drop link bushings are rubber with steel inserts. The rear drop link bushings are a white plastic cup type. They don't squeak. I have seen the front bar bushings in Poly but I am not aware of anyone selling urethane sway bar drop link bushings. 914 Rubber sells the rear bar bushings.

I prefer the WeltMeister front drop link bushings as they are a two piece that makes installation easy. I would get the OE Porsche rear drop link bushings. They are a PITA to install. Uro also makes them but I have had fit problems with most of their bushings.

I replaced the front and rear on my car. Used the Porsche plastic on the rear. Got replacement rubber for the front from AA. No way to put the steel inserts back in on the replacements as the hole is smaller, so I just installed without. The bolt was a snug fit. I assume that's the way to go.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.