Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Trunk Gas Springs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Roadsterman60
Anybody got some info on converting 914 rear trunk springs from torsion bars to gas springs? Thanks for all replies.
speed metal army
QUOTE(Roadsterman60 @ Sep 11 2014, 08:30 PM) *

Anybody got some info on converting 914 rear trunk springs from torsion bars to gas springs? Thanks for all replies.

Camp 914
Call Craig, he can set you up.
partwerks
Along those lines, can the torsion springs still be utilized with the LS engine, or will they need to be removed??
Roadsterman60
QUOTE(speed metal army @ Sep 11 2014, 08:37 PM) *

QUOTE(Roadsterman60 @ Sep 11 2014, 08:30 PM) *

Camp 914
Call Craig, he can set you up.

Thanks for the info. Talked to Craig and got his kit to make the conversion. At $50, I think it is a bargain.
speed metal army
QUOTE(partwerks @ Sep 11 2014, 09:21 PM) *

Along those lines, can the torsion springs still be utilized with the LS engine, or will they need to be removed??

You have to ditch them, or at least I did.
falcor75
Camp 914 is great if you get the right parts.
I ordered one front and one rear set for lightweight (GRP) hoods.
The front set was spot on but the rear set I got was 3 times stiffer than the front and made it impossible to close the rear trunk without breaking something. Still waiting for replacements.
EdwardBlume
$50? w00t.gif
PThompson509
I bought the front and rear set from camp914 - the rear works great! Eventually (if the heat ever dies down), I'll get the front springs replaced as well. Only been a few years... wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.