Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who wants to go for a fun drive in CT on Sunday, 9/14?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisFoley
I've dropped any plans for an open house this year - too many other things on my plate.
However, in honor of our special date I think a nice drive through the local countryside would be appropriate and recommended. driving.gif

Last year's rally route included some very twisty roads with plenty of elevation change and excellent sightseeing including a great view of the Hartford skyline (and some expensive homes) from the Matson Hill area in Glastonbury.
Nonstop driving time on the route is about 1 1/2 hours. We did it in a large group in about 3 hours.
(I may hand out the gimmick rally route instructions but we won't bother with the Q&A contest)

I'm thinking a start time around 11am from my shop would work, with a lunch stop in either Marlborough, East Hampton or Portland.
Who's up for it?

Click to view attachment
mskala
Sorry, an NER event that day already for me; touring micro-car collection.
wndsnd
I have to be in VT that day

Sorry
Porschef
Chris, that was a great drive and I'd be up no doubt but the wife's outa town and guess who's gotta hold down the fort... bs.gif dry.gif
GregAmy
Got an engine in that orange car yet...? wink.gif Unfortunately, the black one is still in the paint shop, getting returned to its original Bahia Red...otherwise I'd be there!
Rleog
Had loads of fun chasing some 914s (particularly Greggor(?)) on that route last year. Unfortunately, I'm on the road to Michigan tomorrow morning.

Thanks just the same.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Sep 13 2014, 09:10 AM) *

Got an engine in that orange car yet...? wink.gif Unfortunately, the black one is still in the paint shop, getting returned to its original Bahia Red...otherwise I'd be there!

I have another race car here with a 2.0 six I thought you might like a quick look at.
Nothing too special (well, I think its an original creamsicle), but he races with VRG and HSR and does fairly well.

At the vintage event at Thompson this summer he collected a spun car.
I'm supposed to pull out the front end damage.

edit: not a creamsicle, I checked the VIN
AndyB
I will check with wife. Not looking good though due to back complications. But if she says yes I will show. Jon is out though. Working and waiting on some final parts.
Beeliner
I am just getting back into 914 world after a 38 year break...

Going to Giant game tomorrow or I would be there...

I did do 55 miles yesterday around Ridgefield, so I did get some drive time in...

driving.gif
Beeliner
I am just getting back into 914 world after a 38 year break...

Going to Giant game tomorrow or I would be there...

I did do 55 miles yesterday around Ridgefield, so I did get some drive time in...

driving.gif
Hank914
Nice picture of a group (gaggle?, posse? confused24.gif ) of 914'ers. I like it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.