Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bay Area 9/14 drive
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
matthepcat
Let's meet at McDonalds in Los Gatos at 8AM.

IPB Image

driving.gif

This is the route:

IPB Image

IPB Image
Chris Pincetich
idea.gif
dlkawashima
Canepa Cars & Coffee is tomorrow, Saturday (9/13), so if nothing gets organized for Sunday, you can always do that. I'm planning on being there about 8am.
mikesmith
Lemons @ Thunderhill, so no, sadly.
Mike Bellis
My fuel tank is out for re-plumbing.

I'm out... sad.gif
matthepcat
Canepa is not a bad idea.....too bad it's on 9/14.

My car off jack stands this weekend....so itchy to cruise it.
PotterPorsche
I'm out for this weekend.
Dave_Darling
Me too. sad.gif Family obligations.

--DD
Michael N
I am up for a drive to Alice's for breakfast at 9:14am on Sunday 9/14 if anyone cares to join. I will leave Los Gatos 8:00am and drive up highway 9 to Skyline Blvd. If anyone cares to met in Los Gatos in the Mc Donald's parking lot on Los Gatos Blvd I will be there until 8:00am. I then will drive up to Alice's for breakfast. I will be at Alice's at 9:14. I can eat alone or with whoever cares to join me. Either way I am driving my car and eating a Ducati for breakfast.

Mc Donald's
15475 Los Gatos Blvd, Los Gatos, CA

http://www.alicesrestaurant.com

17288 Skyline Boulevard Woodside, CA 94062

Click to view attachment

matthepcat
I'm in for Alice's.

Are you driving the 6?
Michael N
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Sep 12 2014, 05:29 PM) *

I'm in for Alice's.

Are you driving the 6?

Yep. Hopefully I can convince Kathy to break out her bumblebee as well. driving-girl.gif
dlkawashima
Alice's on Sunday sounds good to me (and my wife). Will you guys be going through downtown Saratoga? If so, I'll pick up you guys at the Saratoga Ave. & Highway 9 intersection.
Michael N
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Sep 12 2014, 06:02 PM) *

Alice's on Sunday sounds good to me (and my wife). Will you guys be going through downtown Saratoga? If so, I'll pick up you guys at the Saratoga Ave. & Highway 9 intersection.

Sweet. That sounds great Dave and Matt. Hopefully more can join.
Hank914
I'd live to meet up with the Bay Area teeners, especially the mid-peninsula 914-ers, being that Alice's is almost in my back yard. I did Alice's in the springtime and the only open parking space was next to the only other 914 there. Never did meet the owner. confused24.gif

I'd be there this weekend, but mine is still getting the side-shift tranny installed, and I'm in LA this weekend at a Chris Botti concert. beer3.gif But I'll keep my my eyes open for the next one in the Bay Area.
dlkawashima
Saturday morning (9/13) bump for Canepa Cars & Coffee today! Get there early for best parking spots.

Canepa Design
4900 Scotts Valley Drive
Scotts Valley, California 95066

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
matthepcat
Bump it up. Come on Bay Area....come join us tomorrow morning.
Michael N

driving.gif
matthepcat
See y'all in the morning. I'm bringing my Dad for his first ride in my teener.

Hank914
Be sure and post pics! smile.gif

Wish I was there! mad.gif
dlkawashima
Beautiful morning, beautiful drive along Skyline Blvd. on 9/14. We only had four cars make the drive over to Alice's, but we had a really great time, and a terrific breakfast. Matt (with his dad Dana riding shotgun) brought out his '74 2.2 conversion, Mike and his two kids (hooray for center seatbelts) drove his factory 6, and Hal, with son Brian behind the wheel, brought Orangina out of hiding. Here are a couple of pics ...

Matt, me, Mike, Hal ...
Click to view attachment

Two white sixes, two orange fours ...
Click to view attachment

Check out the vinyl covered A pillar on Orangina ...
Click to view attachment
matthepcat
Thanks all for the fun time! My Dad had a blast on the cruise and enjoyed meeting you all.

Happy 9/14
914bub
I really wanted to make this drive as we recently moved out of Santa Cruz, (to Modesto) and I miss driving the Santa Cruz mountains. I just couldn't get the trailer in time. Besides, My Honda pilot, trailer and 914 would have had to be at the back of the pack to have not spoiled all the fun!

It'll drive someday........ blink.gif
Michael N
Great time! Thanks to all that came out early on a Sunday. Here are several photos and Mikayla is working on cutting up a video of some of the driving. Shooting pics and videos kept the kids occupied.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw1jgZducvQ
PotterPorsche
Is tha Bay Area group still meeting up every other month for breakfast
dlkawashima
Wow! Awesome job on the video Mikayla. I tell ya ... kids are so talented. Who knew you could do all that on an iPad?

Matt, Hal, & Mike along with Mikayla shooting footage for her video ...
Click to view attachment
dem
Sorry I couldn't do more than say Hi/bye at Alice's! Had a previous mountain bike commitment at El Corte Madera with a group. Next one!
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Michael N @ Sep 14 2014, 03:08 PM) *

Great time! Thanks to all that came out early on a Sunday. Here are several photos and Mikayla is working on cutting up a video of some of the driving. Shooting pics and videos kept the kids occupied.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw1jgZducvQ

Amazing same day event same day edited your very nice video! thanks and God Bless!
Jenny
Of course, I don't log on to see what's been happening in the 914 world until just now, and see that I missed out on a drive.

I saw someone else asked earlier, but I'm curious as well--are you guys still doing monthly breakfasts in the bay area?
Dave_Darling
Not really. Luke, who had been arranging them, kind of dropped out after he changed jobs. (So I can't pester him over the internal IM any more!)

Anybody wanna volunteer?

--DD
matthepcat
There are breakfast still, but not always monthly.

I'm sure if you organize, we can get a crew together.

QUOTE(Jenny @ Sep 15 2014, 12:48 AM) *

Of course, I don't log on to see what's been happening in the 914 world until just now, and see that I missed out on a drive.

I saw someone else asked earlier, but I'm curious as well--are you guys still doing monthly breakfasts in the bay area?

Jenny
Once upon a time, I used to organize. It's a bit more difficult for me now, as I've got more responsibilities and obligations besides just sleeping in. :sigh:

No promises, but if I have the bandwidth, I'll try to organize something. Sad to see it's gone the way of the dodo.

whip[1].gif Yay, my smiley is still here!

QUOTE(matthepcat @ Sep 15 2014, 06:44 AM) *

There are breakfast still, but not always monthly.

I'm sure if you organize, we can get a crew together.

MartyYeoman
I put out the call for the last breakfast. It was held on the first Saturday in August at Black Bear Diner in Pleasanton. We sort of concurred that setting a regular date (Say the first Saturday of even dated months) would be a good idea. The next date would be October 4th. Not much discussion yet about it, though there seems to be a desire as noted above. Anybody want to make arrangements this time? All that's needed is to choose a location and maybe make a inquiry about seating capacity. It's probably time to get this party started. stirthepot.gif
MartyYeoman
See thread.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=242649
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.