Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Compression Ratio to use.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tach
Wondering what combination of head and cylinder base ring to use. I have 74 1.8 with the larger 96mm Keith Black pistons with standard 66mm crank stroke. AA cylinders. This engine is for street use and run on standard pump gas. I see most everybody recommends no more than 8.3:1cr.

Here are the compression number I can obtain.

With head gasket and cylinder base ring. 7.7:1 cr
With no head gasket with cylinder base ring. 8.2:1 cr
With no head gasket no cylinder base ring. 8.4:1 cr
With Head gasket and no cylinder base ring. 7.9:1 cr

Can I not use a cylinder base ring with out any problems?

What cam is being selected for this type 1911 66mm stroke 96mm cylinders and stock L-jet with a bit more compression and a larger cylinder diameter?

Thanks for your replies

barefoot
When I started to tear down my 2.0 i noted that no cyl base gasket had been used. There was some brown colored sealant evident and no indication of oil leakage there.
Car wasn't running when i got it, so no running experience.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(tach @ Sep 12 2014, 05:45 PM) *

Wondering what combination of head and cylinder base ring to use. I have 74 1.8 with the larger 96mm Keith Black pistons with standard 66mm crank stroke. AA cylinders. This engine is for street use and run on standard pump gas. I see most everybody recommends no more than 8.3:1cr.

Here are the compression number I can obtain.

With head gasket and cylinder base ring. 7.7:1 cr
With no head gasket with cylinder base ring. 8.2:1 cr
With no head gasket no cylinder base ring. 8.4:1 cr
With Head gasket and no cylinder base ring. 7.9:1 cr

Can I not use a cylinder base ring with out any problems?

What cam is being selected for this type 1911 66mm stroke 96mm cylinders and stock L-jet with a bit more compression and a larger cylinder diameter?

Thanks for your replies

You can delete the base ring without any problems.
If you want to avoid tuning issues stick with the stock camshaft profile or a Raby 9590 available at The Type 4 Store.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.