Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Late to Early Headlight Switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
patssle
Has anybody swapped out their late headlight switch to an early one that lacks the extra "56k" pin - what did you do with that wire? Also - do all the other wires swap evenly to the same numbers? I've looked at all the wiring diagrams and past threads - different wire colors and inconsistent info are driving me crazy trying to track down what goes to what. Surely somebody has done this swap?
bdstone914
QUOTE(patssle @ Sep 12 2014, 08:06 PM) *

Has anybody swapped out their late headlight switch to an early one that lacks the extra "56k" pin - what did you do with that wire? Also - do all the other wires swap evenly to the same numbers? I've looked at all the wiring diagrams and past threads - different wire colors and inconsistent info are driving me crazy trying to track down what goes to what. Surely somebody has done this swap?

Why not use the right switch? I have both types. Do you have the right wire diagram for your year car?
Swapping to a non standard switch does not sound like it will make it any more simple.
patssle
I have an extra early switch (unknown condition). My late switch isn't working correctly. I figured a swap would be easy to test the early switch before tearing the late switch apart to attempt to fix.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.