Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 Light Ivory 2.0 coming to L.A.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Maltese Falcon
A good friend of mine was looking to add a 914 to his stable, so the 73-74 2.0 was high on his list. He found himself this 1974 green (Irish ?) 2.0 on The Samba and paid $6,500 for it. When he told me that it was a re-spray over light ivory, I had him give me the vin.
Turns out it's #4523 and in the LE Creamsicle range.
Comes with 5 gas burners, the front spoiler is wrong but the oe support tabs are welded in place under the car.
The radio antenna is on the right fender (?), and the hood badge is mounted too high.
A COA from Porsche to follow, but I think that once back to original paint+ livery this will be a keeper !
MartyClick to view attachment
poorsche914
Along with the original color being light ivory, the air dam mounting tabs are the best clue since those would not be added later. Great find piratenanner.gif cheer.gif aktion035.gif
My LE also has the antenna on the right fender confused24.gif

driving.gif
Johny Blackstain
My LE has the antenna on the left side so that really means nothing, since 99.9% of radios were dealer installed. Front spoiler supports is a good sign, now look for "factory" front & rear swaybars. Obviously should have the center console inside & another one to look for is gray plastic covers on the headlight motors. Hard to tell from the photo provided but it does look like the sail trim is black smile.gif
Maltese Falcon
Al,
you are right about the dealer installed radios.
When I picked my new 2.0 up at Downtown L.A. P+A the radio worked like scheiss ยก
I took it over to a car stereo joint and the tech found a 4 ohm speaker on the right, and an 8 ohm speaker on the left.
Apparently whatever parts are on the dealers radio-installers van, find their way into your 914 blink.gif
Marty
Big Len
Here's another one in disguise, supposedly.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/cto/4661625552.html
brp986s
I have to bring my -6 back to light ivory. Assuming the body is good, what's a strip and OE-like respray going to cost in the LA area?
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(brp986s @ Sep 13 2014, 08:41 AM) *

I have to bring my -6 back to light ivory. Assuming the body is good, what's a strip and OE-like respray going to cost in the LA area?

Body shop prices are all over the chart, but my bud who just bought this 914 has an in house body+fender guy , so probably won't go out to a body shop.
L.A. has a good variety of shops, but some want to charge Pebble Beach prices confused24.gif
Marty
rmital
QUOTE(Big Len @ Sep 13 2014, 10:59 AM) *

Here's another one in disguise, supposedly.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/cto/4661625552.html

..how did this one get passed Paul??? huh.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Sep 12 2014, 09:04 PM) *
A COA from Porsche to follow, but I think that once back to original paint+ livery this will be a keeper !

Nice find!
aktion035.gif
tumamilhem
The spoiler was also an option. Those welds could have been added, but good cues to be an LE. COA is the only way to know for sure. If so, welcome to "le" club! smile.gif.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.