Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for 914 mechanic bay area/south
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Downerman
So I had my swing arms cut 3/4" and welded back into place. Pulled my rear hub to make sure all was well and then tried to put it back ot no avail. So, I need someone well versed in rebuilding/checking both of my rear wheel assemblies. Their out and ready for me to drop off. Bay area to Salinas California would do.

Lot's of Torque going through these suckers so I'm basically at the point of saying let's just make them like new and not use any of the old bearings and such.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Dave
PotterPorsche
Did you look at the article on pelican parts. You buy 2 sockets ,washers and all thread rod.I just did this not too bad. You coulds ask high performance house inredwood city ca. They probably have a press. I replaced the the rear bearings to be safe as one of mine was suspect
bdstone914
If you do as they suggest in the Pelican article I can guarantee you will damage the hubs. The inside end of the hub is a narrow surface. You need a tool that goes into the hub and contacts the end. I have some special tools I had made to remove the hubs and bearings. I can post pictures tomorrow of them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.