Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what is this
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jacksun
hi,

I have no clue as usual ,,,,,,,,,,, a name would help then I could

hopefully find it in the book or on line.

what would the below be and where would it go.

hopefully I will not have to back track in order to install it.

tks

randal
Click to view attachment
Java2570
Thermo time switch, I believe.....Brad Anders page has description of functions.
http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/DJetParts.htm
pilothyer
This one pictured is a thermo switch.......the thermo/time switch was used on 75 & 76 models which included a heater that limited the time of the function of the switch. The function of the switch is to provide ground to the cold start valve when it is really, really cold outside......................Put it in the freezer overnight and check for continuity between the terminal end and anywhere on the body of the switch.........You will most likely see that it never gets cold enough in your part of the country to even activate the cold start valve.
r_towle
Mounts to the top of the head tin with one of the screws underneath the plenum....intake runner on the passenger side front

Wiring is right off that section of the Fi harness near the distributor.

Rich
buck toenges
Brad Mayuer told me that is isn't necessary. He said he never had to hook it up to the fi. It works fine without it. I am talking about a '71 1.7

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.