Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Horn Base Plate and Connector
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
BeatNavy
Would any of you fine gentlemen (or ladies) have a horn base plate with which you're willing to part? Also, does anyone know where I can get the very small female connector that connects to the base plate? Trying to do one of those "simple tasks" yesterday (replacing the rubber horn return thing) I ended up a) wasting about 2 hours of time on a beautiful day, and b) busting the little connector attached to the base plate.

Just to be clear, I'm looking for this (and the connector that goes on the horn wire if you have it):
Click to view attachment

I know these are available from AA, but I thought there might be surplus around.

Thanks.
mepstein
Pm me your address and I will send you the parts. $n/c

Mark
BeatNavy
You are the man, sir. Thanks, Mark (and the community comes through again, in record time).
914Sixer
New ones available at Sierra Madre Collection
bandjoey
U can also Drill with small sheet metal screw the wire in place. Broke my tab off too.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Sep 15 2014, 07:59 PM) *

U can also Drill with small sheet metal screw the wire in place. Broke my tab off too.

If Mark hadn't come through then that is a pretty simple, but good idea (that I didn't think of). Thanks!
Mblizzard
You can also use a Dremel to cut a new tab.
mepstein
Will mail in the am. The brown is just a little residue from the fiber washers. If you need any of the other small parts that go along with it, let me know before 9am tomorrow
malcolm2
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Sep 15 2014, 07:38 PM) *

What Mike said.... he suggested I do that about a year ago and it worked and so does the horn, nothing to it.

Radio Shack will have the small width connector. Just crimp it on the wire after you pell back a bit of insulation. Auto parts stores might too.

Clark
BeatNavy
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 15 2014, 08:55 PM) *

Will mail in the am. The brown is just a little residue from the fiber washers. If you need any of the other small parts that go along with it, let me know before 9am tomorrow

Hi Mark - that's perfect, thanks!

QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Sep 15 2014, 09:18 PM) *

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Sep 15 2014, 07:38 PM) *

What Mike said.... he suggested I do that about a year ago and it worked and so does the horn, nothing to it.

Radio Shack will have the small width connector. Just crimp it on the wire after you pell back a bit of insulation. Auto parts stores might too.

Clark

Good suggestions as well. I should have considered that, but I lost both the connector and the tab. I think part of the problem is I THOUGHT that wire threaded through the circular hole in the horn plate, but I kept screwing up the wire when I tried to put the horn pad back on. I finally took the horn pad off my other project teener and it wasn't like that at all.

Thanks for everyone's help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.