Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SF Bay Area breakfast
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
MartyYeoman
I saw some interest in meeting for breakfast soon. chowtime.gif
Lots of conversation towards the end to this thread.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=242514

Pleasanton worked well last time, any other suggested locations?
EdwardBlume
I'm in!
matthepcat
I'm in, as long as its not 100 degree day.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Sep 15 2014, 02:11 PM) *

I'm in even if it is 100° day... wus...
matthepcat
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Sep 15 2014, 02:44 PM) *

QUOTE(matthepcat @ Sep 15 2014, 02:11 PM) *

I'm in even if it is 100° day... wus...

IPB Image
Dave_Darling
Milpitas? Mil's or the Black Bear? Those with time and fuel can run up Calaveras Road up toward Sunol...

--DD
PotterPorsche
Any interest in doing a castro valley redwood road pinehurst loop? Halfway between north bay and south bay?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(PotterPorsche @ Sep 15 2014, 08:05 PM) *

Any interest in doing a castro valley redwood road pinehurst loop? Halfway between north bay and south bay?

In that case it should be...

Calaveras to Niles Canyon to Palomeras Canyon to Castro Valley Blvd to Redwood Rd to Pinehurst to Skyline to The Chabot Observatory... biggrin.gif
SirAndy
idea.gif
boxsterfan
I'm up for it if my car is running again by then. Sounds like a good day of terrorizing the common folk on the streets with our 914's.
PotterPorsche
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Sep 15 2014, 08:30 PM) *

Calaveras to Niles Canyon to Palomeras Canyon to Castro Valley Blvd to Redwood Rd to Pinehurst to Skyline to The Chabot Observatory... biggrin.gif

For those who haven't driven those roads thats like connecting 3 individual runs into 1. Fun fun and more fun. But where to eat when we're done. That's also probably 1.5 hrs right? On my bicycle it's 3-4 hours
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(PotterPorsche @ Sep 15 2014, 09:21 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Sep 15 2014, 08:30 PM) *

For those who haven't driven those roads thats like connecting 3 individual runs into 1. Fun fun and more fun. But where to eat when we're done. That's also probably 1.5 hrs right? On my bicycle it's 3-4 hours

The Brazil Cafe in Berkeley, on University makes an awesome tri tip sandwich.
Mike Bellis
biggrin.gif

http://brazilcafeberkeley.com/location/
Hank914

driving.gif piratenanner.gif
Mike Bellis
57 miles. evilgrin.gif

From the golf course on Calaveras to the Brazil Cafe...

driving.gif

Click to view attachment
MartyYeoman
I don't know anything about the Brazil Cafe. Can they support our group size? Do they have available parking? What time would you think we'd be arriving?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ Sep 18 2014, 11:07 PM) *

I don't know anything about the Brazil Cafe. Can they support our group size? Do they have available parking? What time would you think we'd be arriving?

The "cafe" is a street side kiosk building with curb side seating. There is some limited parking in front. street parking is available too.

If we left the golf course at 9:14, we would arrive at the Brazil cafe around 11:30.
PotterPorsche
Mike
I would add the pinehurst detour off redwood road. Definitely worth the extra 8 minutes. Lots of smooth turns
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(PotterPorsche @ Sep 19 2014, 07:58 AM) *

Mike
I would add the pinehurst detour off redwood road. Definitely worth the extra 8 minutes. Lots of smooth turns

Yep, it's on there. Just hard to see on the map.
MartyYeoman
Bump to page one.
jeffdon
Thinking I might not make it to Milpitas in time. But what would be a good place along the route to intercept ya'll?
PotterPorsche
Delete
PotterPorsche
Delete
PotterPorsche
I'll let others figure out the exact time. What I do know is all the fun roads leaving castro valley go through redwood road. So give or take 20-30 minutes a group will drive right by.

Mike Bellis
The train leaves at 9:14, give or take.

I think we will/should pull over in several places to group back up.
Calaveras & 680

East Castro Valley Blvd, under 580

Maybe at Skyline & Pinehurst
PotterPorsche
Mike that sounds like a good idea as I only have a stock 2 liter. Your turbo and those -6 disappear pretty quickly in the turns.
Dave_Darling
Is there any consensus on the exact meeting spot? Are people getting breakfast, or just going to drive? (The "leaves at 9:14" comment makes it sound like it's just a drive.)

--DD
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Sep 28 2014, 09:18 AM) *

Is there any consensus on the exact meeting spot? Are people getting breakfast, or just going to drive? (The "leaves at 9:14" comment makes it sound like it's just a drive.)

--DD

There is a Denny's on Calaveras right next to the freeway exit. Could be an early breakfast spot? Let's say 7:30am for breakfast? Then run up the road to the starting point.

The "official" start point is the parking lot at Spring Valley Golf Course. 3441 Calaveras Rd, Milpitas, CA 95035 http://yhoo.it/1rmh4jJ Link shows the parking lot in the center of the screen.

This is the first stop, Calaveras & 680: 9:45am-ish http://yhoo.it/1rmhfeN

Second stop, E. Castro Valley Blvd under 580: 10:20am-ish http://yhoo.it/1rmhkiu

Third stop, Pinehurst & Skyline: http://yhoo.it/1rmhAOz

Perhaps additional stops (ie: bathroom) if needed.

I'm open to suggestions too.
EdwardBlume
I'm out. blink.gif

Sorry, but I've got sidewalls cracking on all 4s and my other wheels are waiting to be restored. I'll catch you all next time breakfast in the EB. Cheers!
MartyYeoman
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Sep 28 2014, 10:19 AM) *

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Sep 28 2014, 09:18 AM) *

--DD

There is a Denny's on Calaveras right next to the freeway exit. Could be an early breakfast spot? Let's say 7:30am for breakfast?

I'm open to suggestions too.

An alternate breakfast spot could be at the Railroad Cafe in Sunol at 9:14am (partway thru the drive). Just an option for the "I prefer to eat later than 7;30am crowd." The drive could start early, break for breakfast, then continue on Palomares and Redwood road as planned. I have no familiarity with the restaurant. It would be a learning experience. Comments?
PotterPorsche
marty
That might be a good spot. I ride by it on my bike a lot.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/sunol-railroad-cafe-sunol
EdwardBlume
I'd risk a blow out going there!
Mike Bellis
I've hear that place is pretty good. What time to meet at the starting point?
Mike Bellis
OK, Meet at the Golf course on Calaveras at 8:30am. That will get us to Sonol by 9:14am.
MartyYeoman
We have a plan. smilie_pokal.gif
matthepcat
Going to be hot one. Make sure you temp gauges are working.
jeffdon
Going to shoot for meeting in Sunol just after nine.
PotterPorsche
I will meet in Sunol as well 9:14. Looking forward to palomares, redwood, Pinehurst.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(PotterPorsche @ Oct 2 2014, 11:38 AM) *

I will meet in Sunol as well 9:14. Looking forward to palomares, redwood, Pinehurst.

Am I the only one at the golf course waiting? Waiting for myself? blink.gif
jeffdon
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Oct 2 2014, 07:12 PM) *

QUOTE(PotterPorsche @ Oct 2 2014, 11:38 AM) *

Am I the only one at the golf course waiting? Waiting for myself? blink.gif

Looks like you might be. My excuse is that I only have about 3 hrs on the latest rebuild of the engine, and Milpitas kind of felt a bit far. That, and I am a lazy saturday morning person.

Have we got an idea of who all is going?
mikesmith
It's a long way from SF, but I want to believe I'll make it there by 8.30.
matthepcat
I think I will be at the golf coarse at 8:30.....Although sounds like everyone else is meeting on Sunol grade?

Mike....it could just be us two..... Maybe just meet at the grade?
Dave_Darling
I'm out. Still fighting a cold.

--DD
jeffdon
Just a thought. The r-gruppe 911 meetup at easy in emeryville is tomorrow I think. Don't know how late it will go, but we could crash it.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Oct 3 2014, 04:44 PM) *

Just a thought. The r-gruppe 911 meetup at easy in emeryville is tomorrow I think. Don't know how late it will go, but we could crash it.

I was thinking that too. There should be a nice group still there if we detour from Skyline straight down to EASY.
Seaside6
I plan on meeting up at the golf course (coming from Monterey).

The 914 is being painted so you will have to put up with a 911 tagging along.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Seaside6 @ Oct 3 2014, 06:57 PM) *

I plan on meeting up at the golf course (coming from Monterey).

The 914 is being painted so you will have to put up with a 911 tagging along.

Awesome Sandy! piratenanner.gif
EdwardBlume
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
EdwardBlume
beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif
EdwardBlume
beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.