Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT new member of the household
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GWN7
He's 8 weeks old on Saturday and I'm picking him up Monday night. Male OES AKC 7.7L ....will grow to 36L

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
SLITS
Arf, Arf, Bark, Bark, Grrrrr, Arf, Arf

(freely translated means, "welcome newbie".
Bruce Allert
AWWwww Man... what a cutie IPB Image I love them sheep dogs IPB Image

Bruce, you can't get yer puppy before I do!

Damn! I gotta wait another 5 weeks... Damn!

....b
SpecialK
Great lookin' pup(s) Bruce(s)! Got any name(s) picked out for him(s)? IPB Image
TheCabinetmaker
Nice looking sheepdog Bruce.

Bruce Allert. Is that the one ya picked? He's was my favorite.
VegasRacer
Good choice Bruce. IPB Image You were smart to get one with the extra think coat as an option so he will stay nice and warm.
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE (Special_K @ Jan 26 2005, 09:36 PM)
Great lookin' pup(s) Bruce(s)!

IPB Image
Jenny
Damn, Bruce. That's really cute... IPB Image

here's my puppy pics
Series9
Dublin (blonde) and Senna (black) say Hi!
Ferg
Rocky and Callie welcome the newest members! IPB Image
GWN7
No names picked out yet. I was vetoed calling him the same name as my son (figure one of them would listen to me that way) As I named the cars from where there from...mabey Dakota....not sure.....

It was actually your thread (Bruce Allert) that got me thinking about getting another OE sheep dog. I had one for 15 years. I had talked to a breeder in Alberta last year, but all of theirs were spoken for. I found another one in North Dakota (new breeder, first litter) and the breeder hadn't received a deposit for one of the dogs and had a bad feeling about them (possible puppymill). So she called me tonight and said he's yours.

Now I have 4 days to puppy pruf the house. IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
VegasRacer
LOL @ Jenny.

On the cuteness scale, I give that a
markb
QUOTE (Jenny @ Jan 26 2005, 08:07 PM)

here's my puppy pics

The bagle is adorable, Jen! Yes, I know I spelled it wrong, we have one & that's what we call her.
MattR
Yukon says hi!

This is back when he was a puppy. Now he's 70 lbs and slobbers a lot. At least he doesnt smell bad!
mudfoot76
Foster wants to welcome another new member too IPB Image

(Where is the waggily tail smiley?)
Bruce Allert
QUOTE (GWN7 @ Jan 26 2005, 10:00 PM)
No names picked out yet.

It was actually your thread (Bruce Allert) that got me thinking about getting another OE sheep dog. I found another one in North Dakota
Now I have 4 days to puppy pruf the house. IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

Glad to be of service Bruce IPB Image To have gotten one from NortDakota... good job. He's already aclimated IPB Image However, when I lived there I never saw a sheep dog... mostly cattle dogs.

Everyone needs a puppy at one time in their lives. Ain't nutt'n like it. Totally innocent little beings full of questions, love & admiration for those that will play with them.

Jen, those Beagle puppys are growing!!! last I saw they were little just potatoes like mine is now.

We still haven't made the Ultimate Choice as to which one we're choosing. Might do it in 2 weeks at the next visit. They should be about 5 weeks.

.....b
seanery
I love Old English Sheepdogs. We had a big ol girl named Brandy when I was young. Her playmate was Chivas Regal. He was a scottish terrier.

How 'bout naming him Rusty?
GTeener
IPB Image
Moose says Whoooo! (Welcome!)
SpecialK
QUOTE (MattR @ Jan 27 2005, 12:24 AM)
Yukon says hi!

This is back when he was a puppy. Now he's 70 lbs and slobbers a lot. At least he doesnt smell bad!

They grow up so fast, don't they. IPB Image

Good lookin' pup Matt, I'll bet he's turned out to be a handsome dog! Siberian Husky?

Mo's and Atika mix (mutt), about 85lbs, and wouldn't hurt a fly..........unless it looked like a cat, rabbit, bird, possum, squirrel....... IPB Image

[hijack over, back to you Bruce(s)]
Jenny
QUOTE (Bruce Allert @ Jan 27 2005, 06:29 AM)
We still haven't made the Ultimate Choice as to which one we're choosing. Might do it in 2 weeks at the next visit. They should be about 5 weeks.

The cool thing about knowing the breeder is you get to watch the puppies grow up. You can see their different personalities, as well as how they socialize with the rest of the litter. Most people that get a dog see the pup @7 weeks, put down a deposit, and go back a week later to pick up the pup.

Jen
MattR
QUOTE (Special_K @ Jan 27 2005, 10:37 AM)
QUOTE (MattR @ Jan 27 2005, 12:24 AM)
Yukon says hi!

This is back when he was a puppy.  Now he's 70 lbs and slobbers a lot.  At least he doesnt smell bad!

They grow up so fast, don't they. IPB Image

Good lookin' pup Matt, I'll bet he's turned out to be a handsome dog! Siberian Husky?

Mo's and Atika mix (mutt), about 85lbs, and wouldn't hurt a fly..........unless it looked like a cat, rabbit, bird, possum, squirrel....... IPB Image

[hijack over, back to you Bruce(s)]

Yep, he's a 100% husky. I love him being a big dog. He was a cute puppy, but now I can toss him around IPB Image. He's a lot of fun to play with and he keeps me in shape. He's a true athletic dog. He once swiped a pigeon out of the air!!! His big white coat was covered in pigeon blood and feathers IPB Image

So Bruce, are you going to start a poll to decide pup's name?
I say: rusty or weber.
SpecialK
How about Sam?
GTeener
QUOTE (Special_K @ Jan 27 2005, 11:07 AM)
How about Sam?

or George? IPB Image

Actually, my parent's first 'kid' was an OES named Charlie. Unfortunately he wouldn't let our friends near my brother and I when we were wee ones, so Charlie needed to go to a new home IPB Image
GWN7
I had one named George.....The first dog (OES) I had. I lent out to stud and I got a puppy from the litter. The ex wife decided that 3 big goofy hairy guys was one too many and sold the puppy. Long story short.....I should have sold her and kept the puppy. So George is out.

Sounds like Charlie was doing his job, protecting his herd. Some OES's are hard wired that way.

Sam and Ralph.....that brings back memories.......cartoon ones IPB Image

Rusty....we already have one here, but a cool name....Webber...naw dosen't strike me.....Now DellOrato is cool but too hard to say when you call him IPB Image

I'll wait till Monday and see what fits, but thanks for the susggestions IPB Image
redshift
QUOTE (GWN7 @ Jan 26 2005, 10:11 PM)
He's 8 weeks old on Saturday and I'm picking him up Monday night. Male OES AKC 7.7L ....will grow to 36L

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

Oh man... useda have one of those... and BINGO was his NAME-O..

IPB Image

M
Jenny
Nice avatar, M. I thought that looked familliar... IPB Image

Jen
redshift
-squeek-

m
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (redshift @ Jan 27 2005, 04:06 PM)
-squeek-

m

IPB Image .... lmfao.....

miles...youre a doof... -squeek-
redshift
Oh, and like you aren't, Jedi Skymaster...

hahaha

IPB Image

M
Bruce Allert
I thought it was something he shat

OUCH! IPB Image Or OOOOOOooooooooooooo IPB Image

.....b
redshift
roflmfrfao!

I see things in this squeek toy... adaptations like a built-in donut thingy for sitting... and the nubby things, for marking 'space' around one's self.

IPB Image

m
scotty914
QUOTE (seanery @ Jan 27 2005, 07:14 AM)
I love Old English Sheepdogs. We had a big ol girl named Brandy when I was young. Her playmate was Chivas Regal. He was a scottish terrier.

How 'bout naming him Rusty?

some body else who named their dogs after booze,

meet sambuka ( black on right ) goes by sam
and kahlua ( one on left ) goes by kali ( she's a liberal )
SpecialK
Man, Sam looks exactly like my lab Smokey that passed a little over two years ago, same white spots and everything. He was a real lovable dog, and I'll bet Sam is too just lookin' at his eyes. IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.