Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cayenne vs Touareg
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
I'd really like a Cayenne, but $59k is a bit out of my range.

Has anyone seen the Touareg in person? Is it available in Europe yet?
Anyone know what motors are coming to the US? The cost?
Dave_Darling
I'm not sure on your specific questions, but I bet http://www.volkswagen.com would have some answers.

The mags who have driven both seem to agree that the Cayenne may be better than the Touareg, but not by anywhere near (not even within sight of!) the difference in price.

--DD
Eric Taylor
At the portland autoshow this past january both the cars were there. I got to sit in the cayanne and it was obviously very nice. VW had the toureg all locked up so I only got to window shop, but to me they look almost identical as fars as wheelbase length and body styling. The toureg acutally seamed to have more electronic's inside then the porsche and was a little more swankey, but that's just my opinion. If it were me I would save the money and go with the toureg.
Brad Roberts
Welcome 73.

I think you win "the most creative account name award"

IF we had one ..LOL

B
Jeff Krieger
I haven't seen either of them in person but Car & Driver television gave the Touareg a very positive review.
Jeroen
I've seen the Cayenne and sat in it...
Nice for a SUV I guess
I've seen the Touareg too, but since I could care less about either, I didn't pay any attention biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Anton
The may issue of "911 & Porsche World" extensively covers the VW Touareg including a road test. The author was particularly impressed by (diesel!) engine performance and considered the car good enough to make an appearance in a magazine otherwise dedicated to Porsche sports cars!
ejm
I've driven the Cayenne several times on the street and I recently spent two days driving the Touareg in Phoenix, both in the city and the surrounding mountains and dessert. The Touareg (and the Cayenne) has amazing off road abilities yet still handles well on the track (did that too!)

Touareg options include V6/V8 gas engine choices, air or steel suspension and a nav system, all come with 6 speed tiptronic and will tow 7700 pounds. Pricing should start around 35K with a loaded Touareg up around the price of a base Cayenne.

Edit: Someone from a Boston area dealer posted some Touareg pics. The movie is sometimes a slow download but is rather cool.
Eric Taylor
Brad- Thanks I realy just try to type to fast. Doh@!
Well ne how i've been poking around here for quite a few month's and I really like this site. Been on Pelican since I wrecked the teener this really is a great community.
mr914
I've seen several Touareg's on the road here. Guess it has something to do with working a mile and a half away from the VW/Audi complex here in Auburn Hills.

Hardest part for me to get used to is the huge VW emblem on it...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.