Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kkid
Hey guys!

Have a quick question to ask. Are there varieties of nuts for connecting rods? I see 2 different nuts combined in the engine that I have been working on. One has a lip on the bottom and other one has a spacer. I just went to PP website and their's looks to be a normal nut as far as I can tell from the pic. Assuming they all should work well but wondering why 2 different nuts were used previously. Which one should I pick now?
Click to view attachment
Thanks in advance,

kkid smile.gif
malcolm2
QUOTE(kkid @ Sep 18 2014, 12:23 PM) *

Hey guys!

Have a quick question to ask. Are there varieties of nuts for connecting rods? I see 2 different nuts combined in the engine that I have been working on. One has a lip on the bottom and other one has a spacer. I just went to PP website and their's looks to be a normal nut as far as I can tell from the pic. Assuming they all should work well but wondering why 2 different nuts were used previously. Which one should I pick now?
Click to view attachment
Thanks in advance,

kkid smile.gif

My guess someone has been in the engine and did not get new nuts. You should get new nuts for all your connecting rods.
IronHillRestorations
Con rod nuts are one and done.

Use the old ones to check the large end bearing clearances. Install rod bearings with plastigauge in the race and torque to specs using old nuts, once everything checks out OK, use the NEW nuts to assemble engine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.