Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Double Ad Posting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Beeliner
Drove over to see #4702902699 in a garage and it was a best a partial parts car.

I saw the car on Craig's List, made an appointment, and then saw the car on eBay!

It SOLD on eBay, but I went for a ride over any way (in my '75)

Well, the nice lady never posted anything on eBay! Some one had lifted the picture, posted the car on eBay, and probably figured they could buy it from her and flip it.

Buy low, sell high....

Anyone hear of this happening before?

SirAndy
ebay and craigslist are full of fake rip off Ads. People duplicate a real listing and then sucker buyers into sending them money.
dry.gif
mepstein
It always amazes me how some people will send large amounts of money to a seller they don't know for an item they've never seen in person.
Java2570
These fraudulent ads are becoming more and more common. I remember reading a post over on Pelican last year of a guy selling his 911 and finding his car listed in an ad on another site by someone else. I'm hazy on the details but the guy who had made the fake ad claimed to be a "broker" for the actual seller and the laws in his area were unclear enough that he had been able to get away with it for quite awhile. Anymore, I wouldn't buy any car unless I could see it and verify it....too many crooks out there now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.