Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S 86 944 Turbo - 951 My daily driver
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Mikey914
Now that my commute is 260mi each way I need to retire this car as my daily. The real key is the clutch and belts are done at a cost of about $3500. The trade off is it needs work (A/C pump, and engine pan seal) it's a good driver, but lacks cruse so I also find myself speeding quite easily.

I have bought another vehicle, and have it advertised at $6999, but I want to move it and figured I'd offer it up here at a discounted price here 1st.

This is my craigslist add

Porsche 944 Turbo current mileage is 156k, I'm currently using it to drive to Medford and back weekly. The main reason I'm selling is no cruse control.

For those of you that may not be familiar, the 86 is the 1st year of the turbo. It came with the 911 style dash the late 85.5 model got. I've heard it's a little lighter too. I did add in the later steering wheel as it has a more solid feel.

Currently getting 30 mpg hwy. New clutch professionally installed at 153k by A&P in Portland, torque tube rebuilt at same time. Belts just done. Just had new headliner installed, seats recovered. New stereo with Bluetooth hands free set up. Interior is a 7, exterior paint is 5-6, scuffing and scratches, color is blue silver, more silver than blue, but definitely a light blue tint. Interior is tan, so you will not burn when you set on the seats. There are no rips or tears in them.

Good daily driver, will have new tags. Bone stock, this car has not been riced out. Yes you can modify it and pull significantly more HP, pretty easily, but it has plenty of power stock.

The A/C was just serviced, changing out to the new coolant, unfortunately the pump has a leak. A new pump is about $450, but I really need a car that will not tempt me to drive significantly over the speed limit. It's easy to look down and see 80 and the RPM at about 3k just humming along. It has new tires about 8k ago, new battery, new alternator, solid car.

I have decided to sell my extra parts stash separately, and have changed the price to reflect the vehicle only.

Also fuel lines were done in last 3k, the gages have Blue LED backlighting. I also have the factory air pump for the spare, as well as the space saver spare.
The chip guards have seen better days, I have replaced one and have the other 3, just need to find the time to get them done.

Make no mistakes, the paint has many small scratches and imperfections, but from 10 ft+ it looks pretty good.

I have added pictures of the scratches and imperfections in the paint. I do have about 1/2 quart of touch up, that is included. It basically looks like the clear has chipped in a few places, and scratched in others as shown. Perfectly fine for a daily driver, but not perfect.

The seats have been redone and have no rips or tears. Best of all, it's not the ugly burgundy. The Tan is more rare.
JamesM
My buddy has been trying to find a 951 (and i wont sell him mine smile.gif )

I might send him your direction.

-James

porbmw
That's one helluva commute!

Nice car! My neighbour was forever buying cars...vettes/camaros particularly, till he bought an 86 Turbo 944....chipped it, and best car he ever had...kept it till he passed away, years later.

Good luck with the sale, and the commute.

Paul
BuddyV
Message sent..... a couple of messages.

beerchug.gif
bobt4945
great price for what looks like a solid car, if i didn't 3-944 turbos and a 944 i would be all over this. glws
carr914
best thing about an '86 is you can use Fuchs!

GLWTS
Mikey914
Tentatively sold pending a guy coming from UT
PanelBilly
Good, then I can stopped being tempted
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.