Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Decel valve rubber "Y" on Plenum
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
franklinstower
Hey, new here. Two weeks ago 2 Porsche's ended up my garage! It was a BOGO - I wanted the 911 but the owner wouldn't sell it unless he sold his 914 first. So I had to buy both.

Now for the 914 - 1974 2.0 Zambezi Green with Tan interior. Looks good from 20'!

GA engine and looks to be all stock FI. I am working on sorting out all the runability stuff - starting with old vacuum hoses and etc. I have found the rubber "Y" or boot on the plenum that the Decel valve connects to is cracked. I looked at ETKA and see that rubber "Y" is NLA.

Anybody have a solution for that from from another source?

Thanks,

Paul
pilothyer
Hey Paul, First off welcome.png I bet if you placed a WTB in the F/S WTB Section you would get lots of replies. Jerry
Dave_Darling
Sounds like the "stacked elbow". Check with Mikey at 914rubber, I think he may be making them.

A less nice-looking alternative is to use brass plumbing fixtures from your local hardware store.

--DD
AvalonFal
AutoAtlanta, but they are a little pricey.
bdstone914
Is this what you need ?
johnhora
I have this one that is a NOS original Porsche part....still in OEM package....it was an earlier version used for the 1.7 FI engine but does the same thing...
Let me know or if someone needs this OEM part for a show car....

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
mankowski
If Paul does not want this part, I would like to be next in line. PM sent.

Thanks,

Eric

QUOTE(johnhora @ Sep 19 2014, 01:01 PM) *

I have this one that is a NOS original Porsche part....still in OEM package....it was an earlier version used for the 1.7 FI engine but does the same thing...
Let me know or if someone needs this OEM part for a show car....

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.