Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fire extinguisher mounting for in front of fixed seat?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
two914-6s
Does someone sell a bracket for in front of a fixed passenger seat
Thanks
Dave
GeorgeRud
I haven't seen on, but they're easy enough to make with a piece of angle iron, a couple flat bar extensions to utilize the front factory seat mounting bolts, and a fire extinguisher bracket. Seems to fit very well, is easily reachable if needed, and doesn't interfere with the passenger's legroom.
1970 Neun vierzehn
Here are some photos of my Halon fire extinguisher "installation". I used two very strong magnets that I acquired from an automobile dealership. They use these magnets frequently to attach license plates to autos for demo drives, dealer trades, or other over-the-road movements. Placing these magnets back-to-back on the leading edge of the bottom of the passenger seat, the F/E, which came with a bracket, is held firmly in place. As hard a I can brake, or as much lateral force as I can generate, the F/E stays in place. No movement, no vibration, and no drilling.
I purchased the F/E at a small regional airport that sells to the civilian aviation enthusiast......"Sporty's" in Batavia Ohio.

Paul
ablesnead
that is nuts
campbellcj
Check Rennline for a pre-fab mount. In a previous car I installed a 2.5lb in the storage bin between the seats (appearance group car), with the lid removed. Clean installation and easier for driver or passenger to reach in that location.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Sep 19 2014, 08:10 PM) *

Check Rennline for a pre-fab mount. In a previous car I installed a 2.5lb in the storage bin between the seats (appearance group car), with the lid removed. Clean installation and easier for driver or passenger to reach in that location.

agree.gif Rennline is a little better than most shade tree fabrication... Well ok, a lot better...
two914-6s
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Sep 19 2014, 08:24 PM) *

Here are some photos of my Halon fire extinguisher "installation". I used two very strong magnets that I acquired from an automobile dealership. They use these magnets frequently to attach license plates to autos for demo drives, dealer trades, or other over-the-road movements. Placing these magnets back-to-back on the leading edge of the bottom of the passenger seat, the F/E, which came with a bracket, is held firmly in place. As hard a I can brake, or as much lateral force as I can generate, the F/E stays in place. No movement, no vibration, and no drilling.
I purchased the F/E at a small regional airport that sells to the civilian aviation enthusiast......"Sporty's" in Batavia Ohio.

Paul

Thanks paul
great idea
two914-6s
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Sep 19 2014, 09:10 PM) *

The Rennline looks great
Did you screw into the sheet metal?
or use the drivers seat rail from the side?
thanks
dave
struckn
All I did was use a dog collar to strap it to the front of the seat frame. It removes quickly by sliding it out of the collar, meaning it doesn't need to be unbuckled.
I know this sounds stupid but it works great.

confused24.gif
orthobiz
May be easy to make but someone should sell a mount!

Paul
pvollma
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Sep 20 2014, 10:12 PM) *

May be easy to make but someone should sell a mount!

Paul

From one Paul to another:

Front seat extinguisher mount

57lincolnman
QUOTE(two914-6s @ Sep 19 2014, 09:55 AM) *

Does someone sell a bracket for in front of a fixed passenger seat
Thanks
Dave

I used a velcro patch and anchored it to the exposed frame under the passenger seat. It's definitely a grab-n-go solution. My fire extinguisher had a wall mount bracket which gave a flat edge to place the velcro. I had to tip the passenger seat back slightly to get it to fit. Looks great and is very easy to access.
iamchappy
I made one out of aluminum.
GeorgeRud
Iamchappy's looks just like mine, but I used steel as I don't have the skill and equipment to weld aluminum. This design fits perfectly and is totally removable if desired in the future without drilling any holes into the car.
EdwardBlume
Very cool.

What is the button on the right next to the fire extinguisher handle?
DRPHIL914
I like the magnet idea, i might use this for this trip coming up , maybe fabricate a mount or buy one later. just need something for this coming week.
iamchappy
Trunk release
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.