Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: basketcase
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porbmw
My 1970 came to me without basketweave...I like the way it looks, but need to get it back to stock.

Can anyone tell me how many versions of basketweave the factory put on these cars.

From what I am reading/hearing, there is reference to weave '72-bout 74, then different for 75-76...

IF that is the case....what is the story re 70-72. I had always thought weave was teh same from 70 - 74ish...

I got from Mark some of his 'early weave" which I gather is 72-72....
Couldn't find earlier for a teener...so bought from Mattman weave for a 69-72ish 911....damned if I can tell the difference, but perhaps it is my eyesight.

IF there is a difference between 70-72, could someone post pics, preferably showing the later version for compariison....

AND..
If there is a difference, does anyone have the correct 70 for sale?

thanks

Paul
bluhun
QUOTE(porbmw @ Sep 19 2014, 11:45 AM) *

My 1970 came to me without basketweave...I like the way it looks, but need to get it back to stock.

Can anyone tell me how many versions of basketweave the factory put on these cars.

From what I am reading/hearing, there is reference to weave '72-bout 74, then different for 75-76...

IF that is the case....what is the story re 70-72. I had always thought weave was teh same from 70 - 74ish...

Couldn't find earlier for a teener...so bought from Mattman weave for a 69-72ish 911....damned if I can tell the difference, but perhaps it is my eyesight.

IF there is a difference between 70-72, could someone post pics, preferably showing the later version for compariison....

AND..

thanks

Paul

According to B. Johnson's book; 914 and 914-6 Porsche, A Restorer's Guide to Authenticity; p. 76: "The panels used in 1970 and 1971 were smooth leather-grained vinyl."
lonewolfe
QUOTE(bluhun @ Sep 20 2014, 03:24 AM) *

QUOTE(porbmw @ Sep 19 2014, 11:45 AM) *

AND..

thanks

Paul

According to B. Johnson's book; 914 and 914-6 Porsche, A Restorer's Guide to Authenticity; p. 76: "The panels used in 1970 and 1971 were smooth leather-grained vinyl."

I believe Bluhan is correct! Smooth leather vinyl! for door panels and seats. What about the dash?
bdstone914
I Have a large piece of early grain vinyl. It is enough to cover both door panels.
Not sure what it is worth.
Bruce
porbmw
I should have been more clear on this....
Sorry
1970 6s (not sure about 4 cyl models) had basket weave ONLY on the dash.
Door panels were vinly, with a bit of grain.

So

My query was supposed to refer to the dash.
Re dashes...how many versions of basketweave were there....more particularly, did they use the same thru about 74...or was there a change in about 72/early 73, to a version that was later changed again, for third time, in about 75

I'm hoping it all stayed the same till about 74....but do need to get this right. Too much work in doing again

Thanks
Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.