Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Internal frame coating
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
Would this be a good idea to use inside the longs, providing a person can get in there?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003NTPE9...D9BDR0MDWZJYZAH

injunmort
I am using it now on my '72 rustoration. it seems to work , it gets everywhere and runs like water out of holes aways away from where you spray it.
rick 918-S
I like it. I use it even in the cavity between the inner structure of the lids. Ever pry up the edge of the inner structure and look in there? unsure.gif
partwerks
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 20 2014, 06:05 AM) *

I like it. I use it even in the cavity between the inner structure of the lids. Ever pry up the edge of the inner structure and look in there? unsure.gif

I'm guessing you mean the back edge of the rear trunk lid?

Don't have any rust there, but will probably squirt some in there for preventitive maintenance............
saigon71
I like the product. The extension wand made it easy to reach all the nooks & crannies in the center tunnel of my teener. I can't yet speak to it's effectiveness though as it's only been about a year and a half.

rick 918-S
QUOTE(partwerks @ Sep 20 2014, 02:52 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 20 2014, 06:05 AM) *

I'm guessing you mean the back edge of the rear trunk lid?

Don't have any rust there, but will probably squirt some in there for preventitive maintenance............

Ya, you think you don't. The area above the latch pin is filled with foam. That's why the lid rust out on the back edge.
cary
Did we ever determine why they used foam?

On my rustoration I'm running a 20 year test. LOL. One inner long is coated with Eastwood products. The other with black Rustoleum.
We'll see if there's a difference.
mepstein
QUOTE(cary @ Sep 21 2014, 11:11 AM) *

Did we ever determine why they used foam?

On my rustoration I'm running a 20 year test. LOL. One inner long is coated with Eastwood products. The other with black Rustoleum.
We'll see if there's a difference.

It was thought to prevent rust by keeping out water. Fail barf.gif
OU8AVW
I've been pretty happy with all the Eastwood products I've used so far.
02loftsmoor
I'm going to check it out
partwerks
What else should be used on the floor pans for rust prevention?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.