Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another gem discovered
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TargaToy
Today I discovered what looks like old damage induced by a spike or other sharp object. This is inside the front right fender. The hole goes clear through to the passenger foot well.

Somebody kept up the theme of stellar repairs on the car and tried to plug the hole with a rubbery substance that's still pliable. At any rate, water was able to enter the car through this hole and this section of the floor is the only place where there's significant rust damage other than around the pedal cluster.

Click to view attachment

TargaToy
Because I didn't resize my pics, I couldn't get both into the original post. Here's what it looks like from inside.

I bet it sounded and felt great when whatever was hit came through the floor.

Click to view attachment

Elliot Cannon
That's a drain hole usually found in cars in the south eastern US. I believe it was a dealer option.
stugray
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orVBkI0m9ZY

"Up in the ass of Timo" - best race driver quote ever....
914Sixer
Yep, Elliot is right ! agree.gif
KELTY360
Was your car a vampire? Wouldn't be the first 914 to be a bloodsucker. shades.gif
Porschef
Vlad strikes again... happy11.gif
Beeliner
I am familiar with the drain hole too....

Beyond that one, I remember awaking to a general alarm call during a thunder storm.

I went out to my new car, and I left the roof off! I drove flat out to the fire with the rain water sloshing around the car.

Afterwards, I went out with a drill, pulled the rugs, and made several new holes...

I doubt that car is a survivor.....
TargaToy
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Sep 20 2014, 03:48 PM) *

Was your car a vampire? Wouldn't be the first 914 to be a bloodsucker. shades.gif

I have always wondered why the car's reflection never appears in store windows when I'm driving down town. Does that mean anything?!?
mbseto
Maybe it was built on an old Plymouth Fury frame.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.