Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 73 1.7 fuel line replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
karmann
Well I'd like to replace the fuel lines in the engine bay, it's a standard FI 1.7 engine and think it's best for piece of mind to fully sort them. So what sizes of fuel hose and lengths am I going to need?
mepstein
There are many threads on this subject. If you do a search, you won't have to wait for a responce. If you want the quick, easy, reasonably priced answear, go to tangerineracing.com and order everything that you need. Chris has the a-z solution for fuel line replacement.
Cap'n Krusty
IIRC, the total length is just about 14 feet. I prefer European hose in the 7 or 7.5mm sizes, but there are those who insist 5/16" hose of the type resistant to modern fuel deterioration. Whatever you choose, please remember to use FI hose rated hose clamps, not the worm screw variety.

The Cap'n
Mblizzard
If you are doing the replacement, consider at least inspecting the lines in the tunnel. I see that you are in the UK but Tangerine Racing makes the stainless steel replacement tunnel fuel lines which are an excellent bit of kit. When I saw the condition of my lines I was very happy to have the SS ones to install.
karmann
I've ordered the latest R9 fuel hose with the correct fittings, I'll do a before and after picture. I will also check the fuel lines in the tunnel.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.