Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Air Filter Options
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mobymutt
I currently have K&N filters. We live on a dirt road which gets extremely dusty in the summer, and I am wondering if I should change to paper filters. Is this a good idea? If so, what are my options? If not, should I just clean the K&N's, or should I buy new ones?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
GeorgeRud
If you could locate a paper filter element that would fit the K&N filter assembly, that would probably be the best. Also, using the rain-hat upper covers might be helpful as well. Hopefully someone has a filter number that might fit. I think perhaps an outfit that specializes in dune buggies might have suggestions as they play in the sand.

Otherwise, clean and keep the K&N filters oiled.
02loftsmoor
let me know if you decide to ditch the K&Ns
rmdinmd
There is a kit for cleaning and reoiling them you can get at the FLAPS. price isn't bad.
DBCooper
K&N's aren't hard to clean (and oil), which is probably an advantage if you're doing it a lot, but they really don't do that good a job of filtering. If your dust problem is really serious (you wash your car a lot?) I'd suggest you use paper filters, which I assume they still make, it's been a while, and a set of Outerwears over the top. It's a dune buggy thing, a foam sleeve that fits over those KN filters and kind of "pre-filters" the biggest crap to make the paper inner filters last longer. Look on the CBPerformance site, for example, see what they have that best fits your particular situation.

ChrisFoley
ITG

Tangerine Racing Engine Products
The air filters are at the bottom of the page.
mobymutt
I found this paper filter and housing, can anyone verify that it will fit?

http://www.cip1.ca/ProductDetails.asp?Prod...de=ACC-C10-5651
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.