Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yes, there's a 914 under there somewhere.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cuda911
Saw this 914 at the Coronado Speed Festival this weekend. A Lambo914tini I guess.
Cairo94507
The side profile shot looks nice and I rarely like any kind of major body mods or kit car, except the Superformance Cobra.
Cuda911
Yeah. Not really my style at all, but I could appreciate the work that went into it. Good quality workmanship on the metal fabrication. Some type of small-block water-coooled v8 in it.
ablesnead
All that wonderful metal work ...then diamond plate door panels....
bdstone914
No speedometer ? Looks like brushed stainless steel panels.
balljoint
QUOTE(ablesnead @ Sep 22 2014, 07:04 PM) *

Yep. Not so nice.

We've seen that car lots here at 914world.

My more immediate concern would be the Tribble in the passenger footwell. unsure.gif

Sharon?
effutuo101
Must have just missed you! We checked that out. There were some great examples of 914's there. Not as many racing this year.
EdwardBlume
I love it! piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
messix
I'd wheel it !!!! driving.gif
Cuda911
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Sep 22 2014, 04:49 PM) *

Must have just missed you! We checked that out. There were some great examples of 914's there. Not as many racing this year.

I was parked next to the Porsche tent.

effutuo101
Ha! We were sitting lower in the exact same bleachers!
We did see your car. Beautiful.
How much rubber did you have to clean off! The 550 had a bunch of it in the seats and on the floor.
There was a flared green 914 with small rims and tires as we were leaving.
veekry9
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Sep 22 2014, 05:05 PM) *

Saw this 914 at the Coronado Speed Festival this weekend. A Lambo914tini I guess.

Click to view attachment

The car is a fine example of traditional sheetmetal skills.
I first saw this in a kitcar magazine many years ago.
Painted candy-apple red in roadster form.
I appreciate the time required to hammer steel,much like the armourers of old.
the roofline is a very nice original curve
Cuda911
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Sep 22 2014, 06:13 PM) *

Ha! We were sitting lower in the exact same bleachers!
We did see your car. Beautiful.
How much rubber did you have to clean off! The 550 had a bunch of it in the seats and on the floor.
There was a flared green 914 with small rims and tires as we were leaving.

Ah, that was your 550. Weren't you also at the California Festival of Speed in Fontana?

Amazing how that rubber flies!! I found big chunks of it on my friend's 997, and he was two rows back from the fence. My car was spared the barrage.

Oddly, though, three of my fuses popped out and were on the seat and floor of the car. Could all the rumbling have caused that? Weird.
effutuo101
I wish the 550 was mine. I was looking at it with lust I my eyes!
I happened to get beaned by a piece of rubber and started looking around and noticed it on almost every car.
speed metal army
QUOTE(ablesnead @ Sep 22 2014, 04:04 PM) *

barf.gif My first thought....
AZ914
I'm generally not a fan of kit cars, especially on a 914. They usually have some crappy looking FG panels, proportions are usually wrong.

But this thing is pretty nice. I mean, it has modern lines, etc. With a few updates I could actually see it as someone's production car.
majkos
QUOTE(speed metal army @ Sep 22 2014, 09:10 PM) *

QUOTE(ablesnead @ Sep 22 2014, 04:04 PM) *

barf.gif My first thought....

agree.gif blink.gif "Really!?" barf.gif

I also think the car isn't finished,
indeed a LOT of metal work,
the body lines and very nice roof slope toward the back.
enjoyed a different view of a 914 front end, I like it!
aircooledtechguy
While it's not my choice of body lines, it's a very well done car for sure. I wonder what it weighs if it is S/S. . .

Definitely needs a more appropriate style wheel. It looks like the builder used the only set he could find in that offset he needed and went with them. . . Hot rod wheels on a modern chiseled body just look out of place to me. . .

I really like the shadow cast by his shift knob!! beerchug.gif
SKL1
not sure I'd want to sit in those seats for long either... exterior definitely looks a lot better than the interior!

Cuda- you get around don't you???
Cuda911
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Sep 23 2014, 09:05 AM) *

Cuda- you get around don't you???

I'll be at the Porsche Timeline this weekend in Lake Arrowhead, if any of you want to drop by. Bring me a sammich or somethin'
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.