Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Kitsap Co. member
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bsbuckingham
I'm a new member to this site. My wife and I recently got our third 914 (1975 914/4) and I'm looking for misc. parts like a driver's side door handle and the clutch cable clasp that attaches to the pedal arm up front. We ran into Dino when we were looking our new house we're buying in Navy Yard City. You said you have some extra parts Dino. Get ahold of me (bsbuckingham@yahoo.com) and lets talk. IPB Image
Root_Werks
IPB Image Welcome, actually, you missed out on a great parting out event just last weekend. Both parts you are looking for were on the car. I still have them both. When you say drivers handle, do you mean the outside one? I have that as well as the clutch attatchment thingy that goes inside the car. E-mail sent.

Again, welcome! IPB Image
dinomium
Ohhhhhhhh that Dan ROOT is a wiley one I tell ya! Welcome to the site, if Dan the man can't hook you up, I can!
More West side looneys! IPB Image RAWK ON! We may even have enuff members over here to plan a breakfast meeting soon!
When IS that first PCA/ Bremerton Sports car Club/ SCCA autocross any way??

Anyway, welcome! and, just so you know, you can trust Dan Root. He is a great guy!
Root_Werks
IPB Image (Passing a $5 spot) IPB Image

Thanks dude. IPB Image
red914
yep, all of the above is true.

we may very well have enough kitsap teeners to warrant having a breakfast. maybe some of the kewl kids from the big city would come over! rocking nana.gif

and maybe we could do a scenic drive afterward. IPB Image ok, i just want to hear Dave's RAT motor. i guess that was obvious, huh?
reverie
Good lord, another peninsula member! Welcome! 914s must grow on trees over there, or on the vine. There sure are a lot of active peninsula/ south-end members! We should do our next "breakfast lunch" in the Tacoma area.. maybe the Spar again?

The first PCA autocross looks like 3/19. I don't follow the February autocrosses, because those guys fortify themselves with something, and I don't know what it is. IPB Image
dinomium
the spar was fun, but I think we West Sounders would be more voting for either the Big Apple Diner just out side of Bremerton, Noah's Arc in Btown The Tides Tavern in Gig Harbor (Dave help us out here!) or the Whiskey Creek Saloon in Keyport. Or some place on the Bainbridge... The airport diner has good breakies too if you want something near the autocross site...

We love hanging out with all you main landers, but we have really fun places too! and really REALLY curvy roads!
reverie
Do any of those places have good coffee and food?

I'm not much into beer and drivin'.. what can I say.
dinomium
Oh YEAH! The tides is a Tavern, but they have great burgers. Same for the Whiskey Creek, it is really a Steak House that is call that for more "local flavor". The other places are just fude and stuff, no hootch.
There is a really great coffee house at Washington Park called Cafe Destino, I think they have brunch on sunday and just coffee and pastries on Saturday.

I totally agree with the beer and drivin! Wet twisties and couple of IPB Image dont mix!
IPB Image
reverie
Sounds great, Dino! We really need to do something over that way.. it's long overdue.
I bet at least a dozen members will show up, and if all the Kitsap and Tacoma guys can make it, it would be a big one for sure! IPB Image
Root_Werks
Hey Dino or Shane, if you guys put anything together, my wife and I would love to come! IPB Image
red914
just think of the photo ops! remember last year at the spar? the sun came out long enough to give us beautiful lighting for a shot of 8 teeners, all lined up pretty, with a shiny tugboat backdrop... it was gorgeous! IPB Image

we will look at putting something together! if it is a lunch thing, we could go to big bubba's burgers in allyn, or fat smitty's in discovery bay.

lots of possiblities. need to prioritize and plan. IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.