Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vendor question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cfletch
Has anyone ever dealt with this vendor? Thinking while im switching engines i might as well pop for the "Porsche 914 Complete Side Shift Conversion Transmission for 1970-1972." Im curious if $1300 for all the goodies is a good price rather than having to source everything else separately? Heres the link.
http://914ltd.com/store.php?c=1384303079
Your 2cents is welcome
Chris H.
Brad Mayeur at 914LTD is very well respected in the 914 community. $1300 to get a guaranteed good trans and all the little parts and pieces you need in one place with some phone help if you need it AND free shipping seems pretty fair. It's not rock bottom cheap but it's fair, and that's pretty much what you get from Brad. VERY good quality, fair price. If you're looking to get all the stuff in one place, GO FOR IT!

EDIT: I'd also add that when he says he will help you, HE WILL. Once I bought the small pieces needed to back date my exhaust. He sent VERY detailed instructions along with the parts. No way could I have figured it out without them.
76-914
If that is Brad, he's golden.
rick 918-S
I had Brad build the transaxle for the Alien. Billet intermediate plate, HB 5th gear. Many miles behind 350+ hp. My shop manager bought a 914 from him back around 1993 I think. I have known him that long. BTW: That car was fast!
partwerks
Did my 3.6, and Subie conversion.

He has a guest house if you need to stay overnight as well.
colingreene
I don't know him but those recommendations make me want to know him.
Id buy from him based on just that.
Dion
Rest assured,you will be satisfied. Brad hooked me up with
synchro's and sliders for my trans. No worries, hes's a
true gentleman.
Mblizzard
Brad is coming to Okteenerfest this weekend. He has supported this event from the start and is one of the classic good guys. He also,seems to know his way around a 914 and the gear box. Can't go wrong with him. If something is wrong, he will make it right
wndsnd
thumb3d.gif thumb3d.gif thumb3d.gif

John
GeorgeRud
Top notch guy that has been wrenching on these cars from when they were new. Mike is also a great guy, so you can't go wrong with them.
GaroldShaffer
My 2cents. I have known Brad for over 20yrs now. He is one of the most honest people you will ever meet. Top notch mechanic. Him & Michael (works for Brad) do great work and you know you will always get honest quality service from them.
Matt Romanowski
That is a deal. The parts to rebuild a trans can easily be more than he is getting for everything.
johnhora
I have known Brad for a long time....
Honest is the word that comes to mind first...they just don't come any better.

first.gif
gms
Brad is one of the nicest guys, always willing to help others and as honest a man as you will ever find. Best of all he has been working on 914 since they were new!
sshex
QUOTE(gms @ Sep 24 2014, 07:01 PM) *

Brad is one of the nicest guys, always willing to help others and as honest a man as you will ever find. Best of all he has been working on 914 since they were new!

Brad has been very helpful in sourcing needed parts for my Bumblebee and 914-6. A total pleaseure to deal with. Highly recommended.
carr914
Brad built a Tranny for me back in 95 or 96, still going strong
r_towle
That is marketing....
Brad is humble, yet a gem of a guy.

Marketing from a whole bunch of super happy clients.

All you other vendors need to see how this works....two of you in particular.

A great vendors gets great references and keeps clients happy.

G, J, take notice.
DBCooper
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 25 2014, 05:47 PM) *

That is marketing....

Unfortunately that's how it should be but not how it is. Brad is humble, quiet, honest and good. and Brad has a nice but modest business. The others are not and have big buildings, lots of employees and major bank accounts. The American dream?

mburkhart
Had to add my 2 cents. I had Brad work on my teener a few years ago, and it has been running like a top every since. His rates are very reasonable, and he's worth every penny. He rebuilt my transmission and it still feels like new after 3 years.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.