Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: heater systems
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
larkinvalley
What do people recomend for a heater? do you put a heating core in the blower box behind the dash(Center)? what will fit inside? Sorry if I am vague, I am new to this adn trying to do it write the first time. thanks
HalfMoon
QUOTE(larkinvalley @ Sep 24 2014, 01:45 PM) *

What do people recomend for a heater? do you put a heating core in the blower box behind the dash(Center)? what will fit inside? Sorry if I am vague, I am new to this adn trying to do it write the first time. thanks

I'm gonna go with this unit
http://www.southernrods.com/a-c-and-heat-u...-unit-only.html
Gotta love the price at just shy of 300 bux and includes a defrost and AC piratenanner.gif
I believe I can make it fit between the fuel tank and the cowl. Tight but I think it can be done....
Bruce Hinds
Take pics, let us see the install!

Years ago I opened up the airbox, cut out the interior of it and made a new lid after installing a Ford heater core. Mopar used an inline valve for adjusting the flow hooked to the red lever, works pretty well.

Click to view attachment
Andyrew
QUOTE(HalfMoon @ Sep 24 2014, 10:58 AM) *

QUOTE(larkinvalley @ Sep 24 2014, 01:45 PM) *

I'm gonna go with this unit
http://www.southernrods.com/a-c-and-heat-u...-unit-only.html
Gotta love the price at just shy of 300 bux and includes a defrost and AC piratenanner.gif
I believe I can make it fit between the fuel tank and the cowl. Tight but I think it can be done....

That is a killer price for a pretty darn complete unit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.