Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sourcing oil cooler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Randal

The Mazda RX-7 oil cooler was approximately 20" wide x 6" high by 4" deep and fits well right in the front of a 914.

Don't know if it was a double (or more) pass, but it worked great when I had one in my car.

Anyone source something similar that is commercially available?
Matt Romanowski
There's tons. Setrab 53-10748-01 fits the bill. Patrick has them for $200 over retail if you want to see the picture. Lots of other companies make similar sizes. I don't understand the fascination with the RX-7 coolers.
Jetsetsurfshop
I just got a 60 row Setrab from BAT. Haven't installed it yet. But its really close to those dimensions.
carr914
QUOTE(Matt Romanowski @ Sep 24 2014, 05:15 PM) *

There's tons. Setrab 53-10748-01 fits the bill. Patrick has them for $200 over retail if you want to see the picture. Lots of other companies make similar sizes. I don't understand the fascination with the RX-7 coolers.

RX7 Coolers fit perfectly and they are almost the same exact size as the Original Behr Coolers that were used all the way through the 935 Days.

RX7 Coolers used to be Plentiful & Cheap, therefore used by us Rusty Cheapsmacks (the name of my New Band, our Opening Act is The Jackstands)
ablesnead
rx 7 coolers always appeared to be better constructed than the after market ones that I have seen...and used to be a 25.00 junk yard item...I just purchased one from a world member for 40.00... pacific oil cooler says it checks out perfect .
Matt Romanowski
So you can spend $25 and get a street spec unit, that needs new fittings welded on, and be cleaned (hopefully well), so you can hope it's ok.

Or spend the money and get a motorsport quality,, new, efficient design cooler. I know what I would do.
ChrisFoley
I'm just getting ready to list this Mocal RSR cooler for sale.
Brand New, plastic caps are still in the threaded holes.
Patrick sells these for $640. I'll be happy to take $400. smile.gif

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.