Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 914-6 Build/Project Photo Album
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
patssle
Photo album: http://imgur.com/a/k0Wtl

Been in the works off and on for several years now. But pulled the engine back in March and it's been mostly my sole focus since. Still doing some testing and last few tweaks but drove it to work yesterday! Classic cars are never 100% done - always something to do.
Sleepin
Pretty cool to see! I like that template for the oil tank! How well did it work?
PanelBilly
Nice documentation. I expected a video of some crazy driving at the autocross with the new engine.
patssle
Template worked great despite me drilling the first hole before deciding a template would be a better idea. So I had to trim that hole (upper left) a tad but not too much. The screw holes were spot on as I didn't drill them any bigger than needed.
siverson
neat. nice work.
GeorgeRud
Very impressive work and documentation.
Chris H.
Good job beerchug.gif . Looks like a really clean conversion. It always looks so easy in the pics doesn't it?
wndsnd
You do nice work.

Please explain why you would not use that type of oil line and what you would do instead.

Thanks,
John
patssle
Thanks! It does look easy and most of it is pretty straight forward...it's the moments of learning something as you go that maybe you should have done differently. Like the oil lines...

Braided stainless steel doesn't bend worth a crap. The connectors are expensive. It hurt to make - the steel fibers poke and scratch you. It took all my weight on top of a vice to screw the ends on. I believe Andy suggested Push Lok which definitely look like a better choice.
Chris H.
Oh right that would be bad. Just cutting the one TINY braided line for the hydraulic clutch got me some nice stainless steel splinters. Not easy to get those out either.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.